Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I was going to ask you guys and gals if what you thought about leaving the hood black. It matches the wheels and interior.

But as soon as i uploaded the pics to photobucket, I know that it has to be the same color as the car.

Paul

[/IMG]

·
Registered
489 Posts
Looks badarse!!
I like the black hood, but would love it in Carbon Fiber.... YUM!
But hey it's your ride brotha. It'll still look awesome paint matched:D

·
Registered
489 Posts
BTW your first picture is a really great shot!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hey that is the PERFECT hood... and IMHO leave it black... looks intimidating.. mean.. but in the end YOU have to drive it... :yes: but is overall a sweet ride...

·
Registered
914 Posts
Hey,

I was going to ask you guys and gals if what you thought about leaving the hood black. It matches the wheels and interior.

But as soon as i uploaded the pics to photobucket, I know that it has to be the same color as the car.

Paul

[/IMG]
Nice car. I vote for paint. Can you tell where ya got the hood, manufacturer and is it a functioning cowl hood?. I ask because Classic Ind. have a 2"steel hood listed but described as "non-functional"

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Looks cool black, you will still have to paint it, the primer that they put on those hoods fades fast and will start to look real milky and chalky

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Nice looking car . I think you paint it... But it's your car and you have to look at it so your decision.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice car. I vote for paint. Can you tell where ya got the hood, manufacturer and is it a functioning cowl hood?. I ask because Classic Ind. have a 2"steel hood listed but described as "non-functional"
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

As you can see it is a functioning hood. The only reason I bought this hood is because my 502 with a three inch air cleaner element sat too high for the hood to close.

I bought the hood from a company called BowTie restorations in Langley Canada. They are basically a mail order/ restoration shop. They find the best match for what you are looking for.

The hood cost me $399 plus $50 shipping and $53 tax. All in $503.

Paul

·
Registered
914 Posts
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

As you can see it is a functioning hood. The only reason I bought this hood is because my 502 with a three inch air cleaner element sat too high for the hood to close.

I bought the hood from a company called BowTie restorations in Langley Canada. They are basically a mail order/ restoration shop. They find the best match for what you are looking for.

The hood cost me $399 plus $50 shipping and $53 tax. All in $503.

Paul
Thx for the great info Paul. I'm in South Delta and have used Bowtie before and will use them again when the time comes for the hood.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hood

Either way she looks sweet! I do agree with you that it does match the wheels. But i have seen the car without the hood and she looks sweet that way too! just my 2 cents!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I like the hood to match the car. The car is too nice in my opinion to have a black hood.
I really do like the look of the black hood, but I have painted the firewall, rad support, and fender hangers all color matched.

My wife asked me if the hood was my birthday present to myself. I replied that the new rear end and tires would be my Birthday and Christmas present. I told her that the paint wont come for at least a year.

It gets harder to find the money when you have one child and another on the way. So I think that 2012/13 will be a black hood.

Thanks for everyone replying.

Paul

·
Registered
914 Posts
I really do like the look of the black hood, but I have painted the firewall, rad support, and fender hangers all color matched.

My wife asked me if the hood was my birthday present to myself. I replied that the new rear end and tires would be my Birthday and Christmas present. I told her that the paint wont come for at least a year.

It gets harder to find the money when you have one child and another on the way. So I think that 2012/13 will be a black hood.

Paul
These cars are always a work in progress. I figure you're prety damn good for a guy with a young family. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Hey Paul, your car now looks like mine, except for the year and color?:yes:

·
Registered
320 Posts

Paul
Hey Paul,

Car is looking sweet, was you're old hood flat? Anyways you can always paint all the color matched bits black...LOL!!!:devil:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi Dealer,

The old hood is flat aNd in perfect shape except for the two holes that are drilled for the hood pins.

Paul

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hi Dealer,

The old hood is flat aNd in perfect shape except for the two holes that are drilled for the hood pins.

Paul
Sweet! I'm wondering if you could paint the hood with a carbon fiber look....BOOYAA!!! Problem solved.:devil:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts