Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The guy I used to buy my metal from disappeared. Then again, that was 13 years ago. Interestingly enough, he used to manufacture the roller/beaders for Eastwood. Anyways, I was calling around trying to source some 1020 cold rolled
and after getting some ridiculous prices ($40 cut fee:confused:), I finally found a place that sells it in reasonable 4'x5' sheets.

20 ga. $23.10 or $1.16 sq. ft.
18 ga. $30.00 or $1.50 sq. ft.

I'm sure the sq. ft price would go down if I bought a full 4'x10' sheet but I don't want to bother. What are prices like in your areas?

Wrong section..lol. Mods, can you move to the body section.

·
Registered
968 Posts
The guy I used to buy my metal from disappeared. Then again, that was 13 years ago. Interestingly enough, he used to manufacture the roller/beaders for Eastwood. Anyways, I was calling around trying to source some 1020 cold rolled
and after getting some ridiculous prices ($40 cut fee:confused:), I finally found a place that sells it in reasonable 4'x5' sheets.

20 ga. $23.10 or $1.16 sq. ft.
18 ga. $30.00 or $1.50 sq. ft.

I'm sure the sq. ft price would go down if I bought a full 4'x10' sheet but I don't want to bother. What are prices like in your areas?

Wrong section..lol. Mods, can you move to the body section.
I just purchased a 4x10 sheet of 16ga. and a 4x8 sheet of 18ga.total cost $100.00

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Anyone in the Los Angeles area should be shopping at industrial metal supply. I have yet to see anyone get close to their prices. Steel, stainless, aluminum, brass, copper, lead. Huge inventory. Lacking on the high carbon steels though :( And they deliver for FREE. And Im in Ventura county, bout an hour away from the valley store. Free delivery, next day, big truck comes down my residential street. And the more you order the better the discount. JR Oh, and they dont rape you for cuts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts