Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got the new 383 running today. I've got one little oil leak to fix, and I've got to get a bigger squirter for the secondary....this thing really likes gas......but the good news is, except for the stumble when you hit the secondaries, it runs great. Looks like a throttle stop will be in order for my son to let him get used to it in stages. I think we'll be ready to try the Hill in about 2 weeks.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JR, I'll keep you posted. K-Man, I'll work on those pictures...

·
Registered
714 Posts
Pick said:
I finally got the new 383 running today. I've got one little oil leak to fix, and I've got to get a bigger squirter for the secondary....this thing really likes gas......but the good news is, except for the stumble when you hit the secondaries, it runs great. Looks like a throttle stop will be in order for my son to let him get used to it in stages. I think we'll be ready to try the Hill in about 2 weeks.
Sweet, man. Can't wait to see that thing run! What kinda horsepower do you think you will see?

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Should be around 450-475 hp. I selected the combo of parts for some good torque, and early indications are I got it. The machine shop that did the machine work quessed about 500 ft/lbs of torque.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts