Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after the long winter I finally got myself motivated to get the car ready for the first 8.50 index race April 4th. I got the motor finished putting together Wednesday evening, back in the car Thursday night, running and all buttoned up Friday night, then to Cecil on Saturday. Looking to run the magic number 8.500 I tuned the motor to what I thought would be close and the first pass netted me an 8.404 @ 163.24. After a few adjustments to slow it down, the second hit netted me an [email protected] I was pretty happy with my results aftrer chasing a fuel issue all last season with the new combo, and now its finally right. Hopefully this season I can make a run for the Championship!! Heres a few pics.

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Sweet ride! That looks like a blast to drive. Good luck at your first race, be sure to post results.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you! Its nice to be excited again about racing. Sat was the first time in a long time I actually enjoyed having my car at the track!!

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
THat sounds like a winner to me. Nice goin. Love the look of that ride.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea, me too. I turned down the asking price Saturday at the track. Told the guy I had a change of heart.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Nice car. I know what you mean about the racing. I drag raced nearly every weekend for about 15 years and got burned out. We sold the car and it has been gone for over a year now and I am really starting to miss it. I didn't take my street car to the track at all last year. I can't wait for the tracks to open up now so I can run something down the track. You will end up being glad you kept it.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Didnt you have a website dedicated to the build of this car? I would like to see it if you do, or whatever you have. This is an awsome car. I love it and want to see more.
Thanks, Tony

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Beautiful car is a understatement. I seen it at atco and cecil and would have gladly dropped the cash for it,it I could afford it,lol.
Greg

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Didnt you have a website dedicated to the build of this car? I would like to see it if you do, or whatever you have. This is an awsome car. I love it and want to see more.
Thanks, Tony
Thanks. I never had a website for the build. Just and old school photo album of the build. I have some more pics on photobucket. I have dug out the old photos from time to time, scanned them, and e-mailed to other board members to see how certain things were done. You can look at more pics if you want :

http://s472.photobucket.com/albums/rr87/BlownchevyII/

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Thanks. I never had a website for the build. Just and old school photo album of the build. I have some more pics on photobucket. I have dug out the old photos from time to time, scanned them, and e-mailed to other board members to see how certain things were done. You can look at more pics if you want :

http://s472.photobucket.com/albums/rr87/BlownchevyII/
Thanks, Tony

You must have been thinking of John Heards Nova and site, looks alot like BlownChevyII's car.
http://www.johnheard.com/

Not to take any credit away from BlownchevyII's car, I waited untill he responded before posting that link.....:eek:

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I love this photo.... Sorry You posted your link , and I could not resist. :no:

On Edit... Do you have an anti-roll bar on that car? I noticed it was a leaf spring car, with caltracs.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No problem, I like that pic too, Mark from GoDragRacing did it for me at ATCO. As for the anti-roll bar, no just Clatrac springs and bars.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts