Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got a Glasstek bolt on 4" cowl induction hood. Glasstek recomends that I use hood pins along with the original latch assy. The latch bolts on to 4 threaded inserts in the fiberglass so it cant be very strong and I am worried that the hood could come of at high speeds. I am looking for some alternitives to using hood pins some pics would be great

thanks

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I've had the Harwood hoods and always used hood pins, with no latch in the center and never had a problem, and my car went 130mph in the 1/4 but anything is possible and I cant say I never saw a hood come flying off at the track. Wether it was because the hood was not latched properly or just defective they can vibrate alot and work there way loose.:eek:

·
Registered
710 Posts
I had a Glasstek hood installed a few months ago and I am running the stock hood latch and hood pins. There are quite a few threads on here of guys running bolt on fiberglass hoods without hood pins and ending up with a flying hood on the big end of the track. I highly recommend putting the hood pins in.:yes:

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
On my 66 I put a Dzus button on the two front corners of the hood. I drilled a hole the diameter of the Dzus head through the front hood trim piece. They didn't stick out like a sore thumb that way.

·
Registered
309 Posts
use dzus fasteners or something because you can wiggle them open without using the latch assembly from the flex of the hood

1 - 7 of 7 Posts