Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys use for a door mount in your trailer? I have fiberglass doors on my '67 and need to remove the driver side to get in and out of the car (in the trailer). I have been looking around and it seems like most people try to make something. The door has the stock handle/latch and "L" brackets on the front. I doubt the front mounts are in the stock location.
Are there any sources out there?
Thanks,
JoeII

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
I custom make door mounts for the removable doors on my cars and the cars I put removable doors on. Not very hard if you can weld. I make mine out of 1 inch square tubing. I weld a mounting pad on one end then install a pin through the tube for the door hinge to go over. Make two for the hinge end then do the same thing for the lock using a striker bolt so the latch locks onto this striker. I mount the two hinge mount posts to the upright framework of the trailer wall. I know of no source to buy a generic mounting device. RM

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
Send me a note with what you are trying to do. If it is a Nova door what year is it. I can send you some photos of what I made for mine and if you can't do it yourself we can talk about price. I'd guess 50 to 75 bucks or so. Mail me at home
[email protected]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts