Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time of the year we will start getting those cold fronts in and lose this humidity we have her in Texas. Love to work this car with that cool air.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
:thumbsup:pretty sweet. I love the color!

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
4,753 Posts
Johnny

Very nice 3rd gen , as always, clean and strong. You have good taste.

I know you talked about your 'Steering Wheel' before , but , I don't remember where ......
I , also have a manual box and need a new steering wheel (for better grip).

Thanks,

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Love the copper color and the black wheel with dog dish caps. Back in 72 I got a set of those same hubcaps off a wrecked 68 Chevelle and used them on my 64 Chevy II in the winter months. Super clean and very neat under the hood. What kind of wire looms are those on the valve covers?

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Johnny

Very nice 3rd gen , as always, clean and strong. You have good taste.

I know you talked about your 'Steering Wheel' before , but , I don't remember where ......
I , also have a manual box and need a new steering wheel (for better grip).

Thanks,
Thanks Jim, I bought that wheel as I did most the stuff for this car before I found the car, gave $95 I believe off of Ebay. Vega, Camaro and Nova steering wheels I believe.

Love the copper color and the black wheel with dog dish caps. Back in 72 I got a set of those same hubcaps off a wrecked 68 Chevelle and used them on my 64 Chevy II in the winter months. Super clean and very neat under the hood. What kind of wire looms are those on the valve covers?
Thanks kr, it's the original old and tired Mohave Gold paint. Those dog dishes were put up back in 68/69 I think and I bought them and sold the other one's I had on the car.

Wire looms are: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/rnm-1101-90-p

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Car looks awesome:cool:

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What tire sizes are you running? I like how the rear tires look/fit.
The rears are 235/15 only because they came on the car. I mounted them on these steel wheels when I got the car. Probably replace them with a 255 one day. I have some 255 drag radials also. Fronts are 26x 7.50 15" M.T..

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
The first NEW car I bought was 1 1971 nova..... I ordered it with the options I wanted and it cost me $2,771.00 ! ! WOW how things have changed in 47 years ! !

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The first NEW car I bought was 1 1971 nova..... I ordered it with the options I wanted and it cost me $2,771.00 ! ! WOW how things have changed in 47 years ! !
First car I owned was a 70/71 Nova when I graduated back in 77.

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Looks almost factory.What does the cal trac thing in front of rear :turn:wheels do?
Loads up on the front spring eye and helps stop axle wrap/rotation. I have their springs too which are a two piece/"split" monoleaf spring and their front shocks.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts