Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering what exactly the bumper guard cushions are and if i even need them?
Are the Park Lamps the front turn signals?

Also the lower grill (grey) area is that the filler panel? Should i get a metal one or plastic one?

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
You don't need the bumper gaurds. The cousions are thebblack rubber pieces on front of the metal gaurd. The front parking lamps
Are the from turnsignals. The gray piece is the filler panel, I don't think a metal one is produced.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The lower grille filler is 2 pieces.... plastic on top of the metal reinforcement... both are available repo....

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I didnt see the pic before your car dosent have bumper gaurds, they look better w/o them too.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do i need to buy the plastic and the metal reinforcements?
If your talking about the black car its not mine, it was at a car show. I just used it as a reference. I thought the bumper cushions might have been to cushion between the bumper and body. I agree, the bumper looks better without the gaurds.

Thanks Pat

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im going to buy a new one and need to know if i need to buy the reinforcment and plastic or is it one peice?

·
Premium Member
750 Posts
That looks like the piece that goes under the plastic panel....yes. The plastic panel was still available from GM last year.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Pat that is the reinforcement piece in your pic, there is a plastic piece that covers that, it is available at your local GM dealer or through the aftermarket. GM uses the original mold, but different plastic, I was surprised it was identical to my original. They also get paint Argent silver from the factory.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the help guys. So do i want an aftermarket one or GM one? I was looking at one from classic industries, are they any good?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts