Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short. 65 had Fenderwell headers when I bought it. Well they were trashed. Finally got new ones. Yay. Well they don’t fit. Driver side bolted up, but the space between the header and the inner fenderwell is non existent. Old one wasn’t too much different, worried but not. Went to the passenger side and no way it’ll bolt up. I see why that side was bent, here I am thinking the car was hit at some point... nope they bent the header to fit. And it cracked like crazy because of the bend. I guess my question is... are there different sbc motor mounts? I did not install these but seems like the motor should be a 1/2” taller... anyone go through this?

·
Premium Member
2,060 Posts
Pictures help a ton when asking about header clearance. What do you have for

frame mounts? GM or aftermarket. What engine mounts do you have?

Many questions to your question, but add a pick or two of what your trying to

do.

Dave

·
Registered
423 Posts
Fenderwell Header Help!!!

Hey Dormer,
I learned there are at least two heights for the Gen I SBC - at least in the Energy Suspension Product line. I learned this the hard way. You didn't identify what engine you have but you can certainly research this for your own particular combination.
For example, for the Gen I SBC 5.7L (350), according to Summit Racing:
The short/wide mount is Part# 3.1114G (Black) - This is the early style "short and wide" motor mount that measures 2 5/8 in. between the ears and 1 3/4 in. tall to the center of the through bolt hole.
The tall/narrow mount is Part# 3.1117G (Black) - This is the early style "tall and narrow" motor mount that measures 2 3/8 in. between the ears and 2 3/16 in. tall to the center of the through bolt hole. Energy also has two different transmission mounts (tall &/or short). Again, which i learned the hard way. Doh!
Hope this leads you to what you need to know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts