Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if this is a tool that can rented form somewhere? i checked Autozone and Kragen online but didnt see anything pertaining to it?

Im getting ready to sell my truck and the previous owner put larger than stock tires and rims on it and let them bash the fender out of the way and i want to make sure i get everything i can out of this thing so im trying to clean it up a little. any ideas where i can get one to use for just a day or a weekend?

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
normally I have grabbed a wodden bat and used the thick end and placed it at an angle between the fender and the tire and just started rolling it along the tire and the fender.

·
Premium Member
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
www.rollyourfender.com

Or check your local Craigslist for people that rent them. Much cheaper. A guy around here charges $25/day for tool rental.

They are a specialty tool from Eastwood, you won't find them at parts stores.
your right, craigs list did have people willing to come to me to do the work although im not sure how much i trust some guy from LA to come my house and do the work, also had a guy renting out tools for a fairly decent price daily and reasonable deposit. I hate doing business with individuals rather than businesses though, you never know what kind of person your going to get when it comes to something like this.

That link isnt bad either although its a bit pricey after cost of use and shipping both ways.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I used a block of wood wrapped in a towel and a hammer. I put the block on the outside of the lip and it acted like a dolly. with the hammer I started at the center of the lip and pounded up, working towards the front and back evenly to roll it up. This process is FREE and surprisingly simple. Got some junk in my eyes from pounding though. If you do it right and work a little bit at a time you get good results. Didn't scuff the paint or anything.

·
Premium Member
1,736 Posts
went to harbor frieght yesterday and they had one for $59, normally $74.

-Justin

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
went to harbor frieght yesterday and they had one for $59, normally $74.

-Justin
Justin, if you plan on buying one just let me know and I'll let you borrow one. You'll only use it once... no sense in buying one bro. I got'chu!

·
Premium Member
1,736 Posts
Thanks bro but I don't need it was just giving info here. But if you do have one I might know someone who would rent it from you. PM me some info.

-Justin

1 - 11 of 11 Posts