Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to Locate My Fathers 69 L78 He bought new from Fencl Chevy in 69? Anyone own a 69 SS with the original owner Dennis Vorel?

·
Registered
5,681 Posts
Welcome to the Site :waving:

Im sure WE have some Members in that area of IL, that could help....

Some more info would be great, knowing about it....

Or any photos, time of it being sold, etc.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
1969 L78 Nova SS 396/375 4 speed Blue, black interior with bench seat. Black vinyl Top with Black factory pin stripe. He purchased it in the spring of 69 from his Uncle which worked for Fencl Chevy in Oak Park IL. It was sold twice after to his friend Randy, then again to Randy's friend. After that it was sold to a guy that pulled the Motor and pro streeted it. Last inquire was from a phone call from Wisconsin to Randy with no return number.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
member intro.

Hi there sounds like you are going to do a bit of sherlock holmes to try to find taht car but with some help from the people on this sight you might have a good chance to find it. skinnydude

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
Welcome to Steve's Nova Site!! It's great to have another member from DuPage County Illinois on the site!! Looks like you have a needle in the haystack going on here. Good luck!! If you have the VIN number you can try a search at the secretary of state's office.

:ragtop:

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
TO SNS , :waving:

SORRY I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT YOUR DADS CAR, BUT CHECK WITH MEMBERS FROM THAT STATE OR SURROUNDING AREA!
GLAD TO HAVE YOU WITH US, ENJOY THE SITE!
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
26,336 Posts

FOUND THIS MAYBE THIS WILL HELP YOU ON YOUR JOURNEY!
Paperwork consists of dealer order form, window sticker, factory invoice, even a few P-O-Ps are included.

Here is the link to Yenko Site showing info about someone has old documents from the Fencl-Tufo Chevrolet (Chicago) dealership. Check the VIN list to see if yours is here.

http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=111638

1969 Novas 114279W-

1970 Novas 114270W-

See link for more info. Send email to hvychev on Yenko site. Email him at [email protected] if you have one of these cars and he will get the paperwork for you. Also has some Camaros, Chevelles and Corvettes plus a Yenko Vega.

NPHNP

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You guys are awesome. I've seen this before but never inquired. Simply because his nova was bought from Oakpark **** Fencl Chevy. But now you got me thinking it could've been a transfer vehicle? Does anyone know a website to check the Vins for free? Chicago DMV site won't do old cars Because the vin is too short.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm hoping to meet a guy up at Vet Fest that has access to putting vin numbers to ownerships. As of now all 8 Novas on this vin sheet still exists and we're never totaled or stolen. All 8 are 2 door coupes L-78, 1969. I'm hoping its one of the 8 and it was a transfer deal. My uncle told me the car had 200 miles and was low a quart of oil when him and my father picked it up from Oakpark. Thus thinking maybe it was shuffled around. Unfortunately vin numbers only tell you if it exist still and no personal info.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts