Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I am thinking of doing the interior in my 66 hardtop in the fawn color. Am debating that and black ( black is so easy ). I think I have found the seat covers, head liner , sail panels, visors and carpet in the correct fawn color. However I can not locate the package tray, arm rest or windlace trim in fawn so I am assuming I would need to paint those items. I have found OER interior paint but not in the fawn color? Does anyone know if there is another name that matches the fawn color or another place to get it. I really dont want to do everything black but it is SO much easier. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Where are you looking at getting these Fawn interior peices at? I am curious to know these things as well because I am trying to find everything for my 63 Wagon in light Fawn and cannot find much besides seat covers... I want a light tan carpet and headliner as well. The door panels I can make myself without a problem but it's the rest of the car that I need to get stuff made for.

·
Registered
123 Posts
fawn

go to any store that sells SEM products ,they have it ,not sure on color because thy have about 3 in that color schem ,one of them is exact,

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have done 2 convertibles in lite fawn and a 67 in fawn. I got all of my stuff from Chevy 2 only including paint.I also got the windlace and arm rest in that color as well.

Bill

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found most of the items at Classic Industries at least it's in the book, I have not ordered anything yet. They even have fawn carpet but from I have been reading alot of people say cars with fawn intererior did not have fawn carpet but something darker. From the color charts it looks like the light fawn but is only called fawn. I will check with chevy2 only just wish their website was easier to navigate.

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
61 Posts
Fawn is darker than lite fawn,i had to special order the lite fawn for the Convertibles. I always try to match my carpet with my exterior color,also doesn't show wear as much with the darker color carpet as would the lite.

Yes, C20 website can be aggrevating some. I fortunatly only live 35 miles from them,so i can match and buy on hand.

I would ask who ever you get it from to send you a small sample of the colors your thinking about even a square of a carpet if you choose to go darker and than you will know more of the shades and color combos before you buy.

Bill

·
Premium Member
1,845 Posts
You can get the vinyl from SMS and recover your original arm rest bases but I bought repro before I knew about this option,the repro match. The package tray and carpet are a different color. The original carpet color for a 1966 Fawn interior is not available. The Fawn carpet that is on the market is not even close to matching. I finally settled on a light brown after sending back 4 sets. The package tray I bought from C2O and it is a tan color which I was told is correct but since the original from my car is long gone I have no way of comparing.

The carpet on the right is the original Fawn interior color which could be faded. I still have the original dash pad and it is a dark color like the carpet on the left.

Original interiors

My original seat belts just like in the picture of the SS interior.

As you can see the interior was not all light colors. I wonder who came up with the seat belt color at Chevrolet??? The windlace is the same color as the vinyl on the seats and door panels. My seats still have the original material on them. Was this enough pictures? Hope this helps, Cory

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The items listed in Classic industries for the 66 fawn color look like the correct light color. I have seen some of the pictures that say are fawn and they are more brown to me.

Black would be so much easier but damn I like the fawn better, sure hope it's worth all the trouble.

Thanks for all the help !!!!!

·
Registered
482 Posts
if your gonna paint. then SEM is the best. eastwood is a good place to look for it. prep the hell out of it. and after you paint it let it sit for at least a month or it will scratch easy.

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the help and thanks Cory for the pictures. My dash pad is the darker color like yours but my headliner is lighter then the seats and door panels almost looks white. Also some of my windlace is darker also like the color of the dash pad. I not really concerned about being totally original I would just like things to look nice.

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cory do you know if on the orignal fawn seats the tracks and frames were painted black or a different color to go more with the interior?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Paint color of your dash

What color is your dash? is it ppg paint? do you have a color code?

You can get the vinyl from SMS and recover your original arm rest bases but I bought repro before I knew about this option,the repro match. The package tray and carpet are a different color. The original carpet color for a 1966 Fawn interior is not available. The Fawn carpet that is on the market is not even close to matching. I finally settled on a light brown after sending back 4 sets. The package tray I bought from C2O and it is a tan color which I was told is correct but since the original from my car is long gone I have no way of comparing.

The carpet on the right is the original Fawn interior color which could be faded. I still have the original dash pad and it is a dark color like the carpet on the left.

Original interiors

My original seat belts just like in the picture of the SS interior.

As you can see the interior was not all light colors. I wonder who came up with the seat belt color at Chevrolet??? The windlace is the same color as the vinyl on the seats and door panels. My seats still have the original material on them. Was this enough pictures? Hope this helps, Cory

·
Premium Member
1,845 Posts
PPG laquer. The original interior paint code letter is T so they can figure out the formula with that letter code in any brand of paint.

This is an old thread you found. The short piece of windlace in the door jam quater panel area is fawn like the door panels but the windlace around the roof/headliner windshield pillar should match the kickpanels and dashpad.

If you need more help on this interior color let me know, Cory

·
Registered
2 Posts
1963 nova wagon fawn interior

I just bought my interior through Eckler's. Bought the Fawn color, which is like a golden green. The light fawn is more like tan so be careful when ordering. I'm very happy with the quality.

Where are you looking at getting these Fawn interior peices at? I am curious to know these things as well because I am trying to find everything for my 63 Wagon in light Fawn and cannot find much besides seat covers... I want a light tan carpet and headliner as well. The door panels I can make myself without a problem but it's the rest of the car that I need to get stuff made for.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I have done 2 convertibles in lite fawn and a 67 in fawn. I got all of my stuff from Chevy 2 only including paint.I also got the windlace and arm rest in that color as well.

Bill
Is the windlace the correct width?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts