Chevy Nova Forum banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
Some what happened to these car(s) and their final resting place ?

I mean four were made ( which i read thru ) , pickings are kind of slim of surviving if the individual(s) did nt know at what they had at the time . . . .

·
Super Moderator
4,008 Posts
As stated in several previous threads, there were definitely more than Bill Thomas' three cars. The fiberglas company that made the doors, fastback roof and other parts made a number of the parts from their molds and sold them; Thomas didn't have an exclusive. I talked to a gentleman in New York whose dad owned one with a diamond-shaped rear window cutout. His dad was a GM employee and knew Rochester F.I. really well, and that's what he ran in his fastback, which he took closed circuit road racing, not drag racing. It's interesting that once in a while here there's a little pulse about these cars and the legacy.

·
Registered
718 Posts
As stated in several previous threads, there were definitely more than Bill Thomas' three cars. The fiberglas company that made the doors, fastback roof and other parts made a number of the parts from their molds and sold them; Thomas didn't have an exclusive. I talked to a gentleman in New York whose dad owned one with a diamond-shaped rear window cutout. His dad was a GM employee and knew Rochester F.I. really well, and that's what he ran in his fastback, which he took closed circuit road racing, not drag racing. It's interesting that once in a while here there's a little pulse about these cars and the legacy.
i am surprised none of the big shops have stepped up and built one. most people want to stand out nowadays since pretty much everything has been built, so how 'bout a fastback early Nova? would make a heck of a Ridler build for someone...

of course, i am love these fastback cars, which makes me just a bit biased.

-Rusty

·
Registered
576 Posts
i am surprised none of the big shops have stepped up and built one. most people want to stand out nowadays since pretty much everything has been built, so how 'bout a fastback early Nova? would make a heck of a Ridler build for someone...

of course, i am love these fastback cars, which makes me just a bit biased.

-Rusty
Shhhhhhh!....keep it quiet......that's the car on my final bucket list build for retirement years.
Either a modern pro-touring style rig ala Ring Bros',or a "what if" GM actually made all steel production version.

·
Super Moderator
4,008 Posts
I'd like to see it. I don't have anywhere near the money to do that, but two cars I'd like to see are both Bill Thomas knock offs: A fastback built like his street version: 327 with Rochester F.I., T-10 or Muncie and Corvette IRS, and American Torq Thrusts. I have only ONE picture of the one he built like this. The other is just a nice re-do of his Hot Rod Magazine F.I. conversion on a '62: leave the 13s on the car, and just stuff in the engine and trans.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts