Chevy Nova Forum banner

21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
The unrestored fastback is the former CKC car. It belongs to a member here. I do not have Andy's contact info, but if you search past threads on Chevy II fastbacks it should show up. He and his father have several historic drag cars.

If anyone has current pictures of the Green car it would be cool The last ones I saw of it were from the mid 90s, in primer and returned to the stock wheelbase with a 67 L88 motor and a Corvette IRS.

Mike, Thanks for the new photos. If you stumble upon any of the Green car and blue or pearl yellow Anglia, I would still be interested in getting copies.

Bruce

·
0 Posts
I wish I could say it was in my garage. I did call on that add many years ago but it was to much $$ for me at that time. Hell its still to much $$ for me! I just have a vast collection of altered novas pictures.

·
Premium Member
1,598 Posts
Greetings,

I'd hate to hear the price of even a project one, let alone one that has either been restored or modified somehow.

Jason

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
It was restored back to it's original road race condition with the Vette IRS and small block power. I'm trying to find pix.
I talked to **** Milner last night for about an hour or so and had him look at the pix that were recently posted. He said the original Allan Green car is no more. Gordon Apgar up here who is a big time collector bought one of the other cars and basically cloned it to look like the original AG car and that's how the rumor got going that the AG car was still around. You are correct, that car in the photos in someone's garage is the CKC machine.

·
0 Posts
I talked to **** Milner last night for about an hour or so and had him look at the pix that were recently posted. He said the original Allan Green car is no more. Gordon Apgar up here who is a big time collector bought one of the other cars and basically cloned it to look like the original AG car and that's how the rumor got going that the AG car was still around. You are correct, that car in the photos in someone's garage is the CKC machine.
I thought that the dixie twister was totaled. Not the A.G car? So dose this means that the CKC car is the only one left?

I need for more pics!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi:

Thank you Seattle Mike and Miss Milner for stunning pics!

In your opinion can a NON convertible first gen hardtop Nova be converted to a Fastback?

It seems the "Dixie Twister" in the pics is a model year 1965 Nova SS of which would be a hardtop car. Please confirm the year of this Nova.

Thank you Kindly.

·
0 Posts
Hi:

Thank you Seattle Mike and Miss Milner for stunning pics!

In your opinion can a NON convertible first gen hardtop Nova be converted to a Fastback?

It seems the "Dixie Twister" in the pics is a model year 1965 Nova SS of which would be a hardtop car. Please confirm the year of this Nova.

Thank you Kindly.
All three cars were 63 convertibles. They just changed the trim to the latest model that of year.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Understood Fully and thank you. This makes perfect sense.]

In your, opinion, can a hardtop first gen Nova be reconfigured a Fastback first gen Nova?

I have a spare 1965 Nova SS with a sun roof and would like to fastback but only if possible.

Thank You.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Awesome documentation! I have never really been a fan of Fastback type cars....but those Chevy II Fastbacks are pretty sweet! Now to clone one of these.....and then either do one pro-touring or pro-street....that would be bad a$$

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I forwarded this thread over to Andy a week ago or so, he took a look and mentioned that the pics were neat - some he hadn't seen b4!

I did not know that the AG car was totalled! I knew the DT car was wrecked, but... that's a bummer that 2 out of the 3 are gone. :(

M

·
Registered
818 Posts
It would be really interesting to know the true history of the fastback cars. How many where actually built and is there truly only one left?

I just re-read the article in the NOVA SS Muscle Car Color History and the part about the fastbacks is told by Gordon Apker.
When I spoke to him in ~1994 after seeing the car for sale in Hemmings, I was told it was the Allen Green car; he told me he purchased it from **** Milner who had it in a garage in Puyallup since sometime around 67. Now with Mike's info from **** Milner and seeing the photos of the stretched chassis version with sponsorship from Lynnwood, it appears it was raced at least through the 60's by a second group of people in the Seattle area. It would be interesting to know when the car was either cut up or totaled and by who...

According to the article in the February 64 Speed and Custom Bill Thomas had built two cars at that time and would build others if customers were interested. That article states that Thomas added the roof and installed the IRS; the muscle car article per Apker stated Chev installed the roofs and IRS. The car pictured in Speed and Custom has a custom dash which matches the Green car. The CKC car as pictured in the February 66 Super Stock & Drag Illustrated shows what looks like a standard, but modified dash. The only place I have seen that 3 cars where built, in print, is in the Muscle Car history and that is also where the information came from about a third car being destroyed in ~1964 in the Los Angeles area.

I do not know the timing, but it seems possible the CKC car, the Dixie Twister and the Doyson car are all the same car. I do have an article from 66 where Platt has a 66 bodied Dixie Twister on a homebuilt chassis, so it is likely he only had the car for a season or two. NNN did a reprint and an interview regarding the CKC car, but there was no info as to where it went and when it was sold. Maybe Wayne has more info he can share with the world.

·
0 Posts
Understood Fully and thank you. This makes perfect sense.]

In your, opinion, can a hardtop first gen Nova be reconfigured a Fastback first gen Nova?

I have a spare 1965 Nova SS with a sun roof and would like to fastback but only if possible.

Thank You.
Get out your sawsall and go for it.:yes: But I hope you have some fiberglass skill's. You could do a carson top.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I have an advertisement for the Dixie Twister '63 fastback Nova from a Drag News mag, I'm not sure what year it's from, but it must be late 60's to early 70's bec/ the car has a 454 in it, :confused: The top line is:

HUSTON PLATT'S FASTBACK CHEVY II

Fiberglass body w/ plexiglass windshield and windows. 454 cubic inch (396 type) engine. Fuel injectors. Crower rollerized cam. Forged-True pistons and C&T crank. Tubular front axle with Cragar Mags and 11 inch Goodyear slicks. For info call Huston Platt...

Neat picture with the add, carrying the front wheels on a launch, can clearly see the DIXIE TWISTER on the side of the car, and looks like it has the '63 front end.

How do I post a pic??

M

21 - 40 of 66 Posts