Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recentle purchased one of GMs 350/290hp crate motors. I want to improve it befor I put it in my car. Because it has no intake or carb I figured that this would be a good time to add what I need to get the hp I want. I would like between 375-400 hp. I was looking at the Sytemax II but the price seems to keep going up. I could get a good deal on a set of GM fast burn heads with 1.5 roller rockers. Would these and a different cam get me in that hp range?

·
Registered
768 Posts
Fast burn heads are a great cylinder head. If you get those heads I would look into Fel-Pro head gasket 1094. It's .015 thick which will give you some more compression. Look at the Lunati 60103LK camshaft/lifter set, it's a great setup and VERY reasonably priced as well, AND would compliment those heads beautifully.

·
Premium Member
386 Posts
I had a ZZZ engine in my 66 with the stock "D" Port heads and the car ran consistant 11.80's.....I put on a set of the GM Aluminum Fast Burn and with no other changes the car went into the 11.30 zone.......Then I Sprayed it a "Little" more and got it into the 10's.......

Ken

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. This sounds like it will get me to the level of power that I am looking for. The car is going to be a street car so I do not need too much power. I am also doing all of the work myself from painting to building the engine. This is my first build and I am stumbling through it with much advice from members.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts