Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone care to measure their fan shroud for me? I had to move the LSx engine back about an inch to get the oil pan to clear. Now I need a longer fan shroud to get the mechanical fan in the right spot. No way I can see to space the fan forward. Here is a picture of my shroud and where I'm taking measurements.

Mine measures about 4.75" I need it to measure about 5.75-6.0". Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Remove the fan and install an electric fan on the front side of the radiator forcing air through the radiator,,,:yes:

Larry at Papas Nova

·
Premium Member
1,736 Posts
Can't you purchase a spacer to push your fan back into the shroud?

-Justin

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Remove the fan and install an electric fan on the front side of the radiator forcing air through the radiator,,,:yes:

Larry at Papas Nova

The Crown Vic is an option. No way a pusher would get the job done. I'm extremely familiar with using an electric fan, but that's not the direction I want to go with this project unless I'm out of options.

Can't you purchase a spacer to push your fan back into the shroud?

-Justin
The fan clutch mounts to threaded rod off the water pump. The fan bolts to the back of the clutch. There is no spacer I know of that I can use.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Anyone care to measure their fan shroud for me? I had to move the LSx engine back about an inch to get the oil pan to clear. Now I need a longer fan shroud to get the mechanical fan in the right spot. No way I can see to space the fan forward. Here is a picture of my shroud and where I'm taking measurements.

Mine measures about 4.75" I need it to measure about 5.75-6.0". Any help would be appreciated.
The shroud looks home made. Have you thought about finding a factory shroud?

Larry at Papas Nova

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The shroud looks home made. Have you thought about finding a factory shroud?

Larry at Papas Nova

Looks factory to me, the GM number looks convincing. Why do you say it looks home made?

I have an extension ring from a Monte Carlo in route from Texas to try out.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Looks factory to me, the GM number looks convincing. Why do you say it looks home made?

I have an extension ring from a Monte Carlo in route from Texas to try out.
Just a guess because mine does not look like that. Mine is all one piece and yours looks like it is assembled in pieces. Of course I could be wrrong...been there before...

Larry at Papas Nova

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mine is a factory shroud and it's made of 2 pieces . The ac shroud is the same way but longer. Hope this helps.
That's exactly the information I was looking for. I was hoping someone had the shroud and could measure it for me, knowing it's out there is helpful. I appreciate the constructive input.

·
Registered
885 Posts
That's exactly the information I was looking for. I was hoping someone had the shroud and could measure it for me, knowing it's out there is helpful. I appreciate the constructive input.
I measured my shroud and an ac shroud at the same place as you did. I came up with 4.75 on both. When I say the AC shroud was longer it's for the side to side length . Jeremy

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I measured my shroud and an ac shroud at the same place as you did. I came up with 4.75 on both. When I say the AC shroud was longer it's for the side to side length . Jeremy
Thanks for putting a tape on it. I kind of wondered since the fan depth is going to be standard. My buddy is sending me an extension ring from a Monte Carlo shroud. It should extend well over what I need so I can trim it to exactly what I'm looking for.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts