Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a 67 327 , what should the distance between a fan and radiator be , my fan is halfway out of the shroud and seems like it should be closer to draw air better.I have a 6 blade flex fan on a stock motor , or should I run a stock fan blade ? Thanks for any input.

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
I have a 327 out of a 68 camaro..Rebuilt....I kept the 6 cyl rad, cause I ran out of $$$...I fabricated a shroud from the junk yard...Fixed it up and painted it....works damn good The flex blades are half way into the shroud...It's 105 here in the central valley Ca....So I only drive it late in the eve...or early in the morn.. I think the hottest its been driven was 95.degrees...And my engine temp never exceeded 190..

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Hey whats up BM.
and it turns out it wasn't the valves. I had a crack in the bottom of my head and water got into one of the cylinders and yeah it just got worse. I got a new 400 small block for my grad present and me and my pops are picking it up tom. You should have seen my oil when i drained it. It was silver. :eek: Plus my new camshaft that was three months old was chipped on the lobes and the lobes weren't even straight any more. :no:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts