Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to know how many of us would be interested in participating in a private event at Famoso Raceway this April or May. I am looking for at least 75 cars, Novas only of course! The cost would be about $100 for each car. For those who have attended any T&T at Famoso, you know that you can only get in 2 or 3 runs. I attended a reserved day last November and got in 12runs and left the event about an hour and a half early. What a rush that was! Many of them were hot laps. If you are interested, please post a reply and indicate what Saturday (date) would be best for you, your car, and your estimated et. Cars will have to pass tech, just like any event. There will also be an opportunity for vendors or vendors to donate raffle prizes. Let's see if we can make this happen. Maybe it can be the Steve's Nova Site/Central Valley First Annual Nova Drags and Car Show! Vince

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
I'd like to know how many of us would be interested in participating in a private event at Famoso Raceway this April or May. I am looking for at least 75 cars, Novas only of course! The cost would be about $100 for each car. For those who have attended any T&T at Famoso, you know that you can only get in 2 or 3 runs. I attended a reserved day last November and got in 12runs and left the event about an hour and a half early. What a rush that was! Many of them were hot laps. If you are interested, please post a reply and indicate what Saturday (date) would be best for you, your car, and your estimated et. Cars will have to pass tech, just like any event. There will also be an opportunity for vendors or vendors to donate raffle prizes. Let's see if we can make this happen. Maybe it can be the Steve's Nova Site/Central Valley First Annual Nova Drags and Car Show! Vince
That would be very cool!

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
The fact that you've narrowed it to "Novas Only" is going to make it tough to get 75 cars there. Even though people comment that there are so many Novas that get turned into race cars I still think on any given bracket night you may see about 20 max. Its a great idea but it will take a lot more advertising and plenty of lead time to get the results you're looking for. Tracks usually do the majority of their private rentals during the non-peak months to my understanding. By then a lot of cars are in the garage torn apart. If you really want to stage an event for one style of car, vendors and the like I would make it a year in the works so that you could ralley some local businesses for support. Hit up your local print shop for flyers and then spend 6 months passing them out at any car show, auto show, local diners etc etc. Talk to the local clubs, local bracket racers associations etc etc. And don't be suprised if the racers who show interest start to ask questions like "what is the payout?, are there trophies?, what are the classes?" Trust me.... they will ask.

This info comes from 14 years involvement in a racers group here in Washington. It sounds so easy to form a group and/or stage a race but I can tell you its a lot harder than it sounds. Getting together with a few of your race buddies on Friday night is one thing.... staging an event with 75 cars is a lot more complex. I do applaud your efforts and wish you luck! And if I can help, let me know.

(just my two cents)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts