Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is an odd ball question, but does any one happen to remember what the factory tire was on a 72 base model 307. Not necessarily the size but the manufacturer and model. I am restoring this thing for my dad and it was his first car, I'd ask him but he doesn't know I am restoring it. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Jason

·
13,707 Posts
Hi Jason and welcome to the site. The base tires on 1972 Novas were E78x14 blackwalls. The SS had E70x14. It was normal to have the tire brand change several times during the production year, so it's impossible to know what might have been on your Dad's car originally. Probably can't go to far wrong with Goodyears.

Bob

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Jason and welcome to the site. The base tires on 1972 Novas were E78x14 blackwalls. The SS had E70x14. It was normal to have the tire brand change several times during the production year, so it's impossible to know what might have been on your Dad's car originally. Probably can't go to far wrong with Goodyears.

Bob
Ah, thank you. I've been trying to look at pictures from sales brocures and restored cars for a while but never had a solid lead. Ill look into that. Thank you very much for the info!

·
Registered
810 Posts
I can give you a good answer my dad bought a nova new in 72 was a rally nova,has E-78 14s were white wall and were made by uniroyal.The make of the tire was a tiger paw. As far as I know from research on the ss got white letter tires E70 14 and they were goodyears or seldom seen firestones. I do belive white walls were available on the ss depending on the wheel chosen.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Uniroyals were the tire of choice for the 72 Nova it seems.My SS came with the Tiger Paws (white letters),still have the original spare.Yes,your 307 Nova would have E78-14's size tire,probably a white wall.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts