Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys I am thinking on a custom door panel for my 72 pro touring project. I am trying to stay close to factory look so my plan is definitely a factory GM panel that will be modified to fit somehow. However I am looking for something that does not requires a lots of modification. Any of you guys did a research in the past for this? My first choose would be the 1st gen camaro panels. I am using 73 doors Thanks Baz

·
Registered
344 Posts
My 69 Nova and 69 Camaro door panels look the same ( dimension and hole position wise) so my guess is they will fit. But don't know if the doors of a 74 are the same.
If so, maybe the Camaro deluxe door panels are a nice custom option

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My 69 Nova and 69 Camaro door panels look the same ( dimension and hole position wise) so my guess is they will fit. But don't know if the doors of a 74 are the same.
If so, maybe the Camaro deluxe door panels are a nice custom option
Thanks, right now I am trying to locate a 1st gen Camaro in Hungary which is not an easy task :D
As far as I know the doors are the same except 73-74 models do not have those vent windows. The window crank and the armrest supposed to be on the same location as well. From the pics the Camaro has them on the same position also.
I like the standard panels. My plan is to give the interior a little European 70-80's style rally feeling with plaid fabric.
Well... basically I want to make a modern version of a "Rally Sport" Nova that never hit the market officially. :)

·
Registered
344 Posts
Cool! Good luck finding one over there....but keep in mind they have brand new panels for a 1st gen camaro at summit for around $95. Without the emblem but I guess you don't want camaro emblems anyway

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
its amazing you guys so far from the US putting these old American cars back together. an then the limited parts that are local. shipping of parts has just got to be a killer from the US.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its amazing you guys so far from the US putting these old American cars back together. an then the limited parts that are local. shipping of parts has just got to be a killer from the US.
Building a US Muscle here is not easy and getting more and more expensive.
But... There are many US car fans all over Europe. These are pretty unique cars over here :yes:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool! Good luck finding one over there....but keep in mind they have brand new panels for a 1st gen camaro at summit for around $95. Without the emblem but I guess you don't want camaro emblems anyway
I just want to be sure they fits and I will order the new ones. ;)

·
Registered
344 Posts
Very limited parts over here. When buying in the US I always think ahead. Ordering much parts at once is relatively cheaper to have shipped. Plus count in an extra 25% over the total amount ( including shipping ) for taxes and handling:(

And that's not even the oversized parts. Buy a $200 hood and it has cost $650 by the time you have it in your garage... 2 months later if you're lucky.

So that stuff makes you creative. I'm not buying anything if I can repair it.
But I loved US classics all my life. I think because of the American tv series we all watched in the 70's and eighties :D Bought a 69 Impala the day I got my drivers license...around 25years ago

1 - 8 of 8 Posts