Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted in originality too. Anyone know if 73 Omega factory air will work in my 74 Nova? Will it be a direct bolt in or will I have to make modifications? Bought 4 door parts car for other parts and got this as a bonus if it will work.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Golly gee. Is this anyway to treat a newbie?:) You guys always have the right answers. That's why I joined in the first place. I bought this car for rearend and front discs and am parting the rest. I don't want to sell the air if it will work for mine.

·
6,502 Posts
One variable I can think of is the location of the underhood hoses and compressor.
Another problem might be is the car it's going onto is a non-ac car. One ares is that the firewalls are different but a person could cut this section out of the donor car and use in the other. You would have to take careful measurements to make sure it is positioned correctly. Another area is the dash cutouts and crash pad differences.
The AC harness is pretty much a stand alone harness to where no modifications would have to be done on any of the existing hrness but it will require things to be changed and tranfered.

As far as how quick a reply is posted, sometimes it takes a while. Myself personally was out at a swap meet and got a 73 tilt column, 73/74 SS center cap, and a fiberglass go kart body :D .

Jim

·
Registered
440 Posts
I'm fairly certain the main components like the evaporator, under dash housing/ducting and the outer firewall housing should be the same as Nova.

Parts books would verify.

Depending on what engines were in both cars... I would expect the compressor mounting brackets and hoses would be different.

Either way.... adding factory air to a non-air car is a brave undertaking and I would not consider it a "bolt-in". I've assisted with one and I am part way into a 67 chevelle ragtop conversion. If the car is being restored and completely gutted it is not as big a problem but... At minimum I would expect you would have to remove the hood and passenger side fender to have enough room to access the firewall. Cutting and welding may be required on the firewall (it is on Chevelles).

It is definititely possible to convert. Maybe try removing all the donor parts first (with plenty of pictures) to get an idea how it will go.

Good luck with it !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts