Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i recently received a factory underdash AC unit and i'd like any/all advice you can offer... i'm not very knowledgeable on this stuff, can you take a look at them and advise me on what you see?

i have the factory '64 AC heater box & wiring harness, i'd still need the condenser & accumulator(?) and hoses... am i missing anything else to install this unit in my car? also, can you tell for sure this is a '64 unit? tag says '64-'66...

thanks for the assistance,

Johnny

the tag...

what i have (not showing heater box)

inside of box, as you can see a cable is broken... what is needed to replace this?

the broken pull knob...

some fins look damaged, i suppose it would need pressure testing...

and the front of the unit...

·
13,802 Posts
That looks like a 66/67 unit to me. The 63-65 had the 2 round outlets on the end, but rectangular outlets on the front. The underdash box is called the evaporator. The unit in front of the rad is the condenser and part of that system is the dehydrator (sometimes called the dryer) which is a cannister attached to the right inner fender skirt. Also looks like you need the compressor and brackets. If you have an assembly manual it shows all the components and how they go together.

Bob

·
Premium Member
4,598 Posts
I think that is a '66 unit ,by the knob and 4 round vents
yes get the condenser pressure tested ,if it fails I know where to get new ones
schwabie
'63-'65 unit

·
Premium Member
4,598 Posts
you may also consider changing the barbed hose fittings, to threaded ones :yes: