Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some aluminum that I want to make some body mounts with. The OD is 2 1/2". Does anyone know about how tall they are? I went to competition engineering's site, found the spacers, only specs they list is the OD. What size is the center hole drilled out to? 1/2 or 7/16? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I drilled mine 5/8".Made them square to get more surface for support. I had some stuff from work that is like what you see the Rubbermade cutting boards out of.We use it for wear liners in chutes on a rock crushing plant.1 1/4" in the front and 3/4" in the back is what I did and it looks about right,sure just a shim on the fender will work. Don't forget the lock washers,the stock rubber ones hold the bolt tight when you squish it,solid will work loose without them. Oh yea, Summit has the for $49 in aluminum.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the suggestions. The easiest route would be to drive to summit and buy them. However I have a 36" piece of 3" aluminum thats begging to be machined. Your numbers confused me a little. I'm gonna drill a 5/8 hole in the middle. The 1 1/4 on the front, is this on the radiator support? The 3/4 on the back, is this size for the subframe to body. There is a total of 6, 2 on the radiator support and 4 on subframe. The OD for the subframe ones is 2 1/2. Is the 3/4" the length they need to be cut?

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
If this is a street car, they don't recommend installing the solid bushings on the core support. You want the rubber ones up there to keep as much vibration out of the radiator as possible. Some have run the solids with no problems, some have had issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts