Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
As far as I know F40 was heavy duty springs shocks,front sway bar. Standard on ss novas and rally novas. F41 was if im not mistaken a upgrade to a slightly bigger front bar and included a rear sway bar as part of the package. F41 suspension was a rareity on any nova.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I've heard of F41 suspension on a caprice...I thought it was typically for the 9C1 police cars. I have an 89 caprice, it's not a police car but has a rear sway bar but I think it's because it has a tow package.

I wasn't even aware they were available on Novas.

·
13,706 Posts
I've heard of F41 suspension on a caprice...I thought it was typically for the 9C1 police cars. I have an 89 caprice, it's not a police car but has a rear sway bar but I think it's because it has a tow package. I wasn't even aware they were available on Novas.
My 1970 L78 had GM Canada documented optional F41 suspension.

Bob

·
Registered
313 Posts
My 72 SS still retains it's original F41 suspension package.It came with a 13/16's front bar,5 leafs for the rear springs and the rear sway bar setup.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm coming in on this late but...

My Nova has the F41 suspension five leaf, rear sway bar and thick front sway bar.

I haven't measured mine but I thought the front sway bar on the F41 suspension was 3/4 or 1" in size. Does anyone have any reference for this? I like reading.

Dave

1 - 9 of 9 Posts