Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been wanting to step up to Fuel Injection for some time.
Has anyone seen or used this system?
I have heard mixed reviews about other systems and there ease of tuning.
Check out the link if you please.....I think it looks trick!
My money is burning a hole in my pants and it's a toss up betwwen F.I. or an 700r4:yes:

link:http://www.professional-products.com/EFI_1.php

·
Registered
996 Posts
I have been wanting to step up to Fuel Injection for some time.
Has anyone seen or used this system?
I have heard mixed reviews about other systems and there ease of tuning.
Check out the link if you please.....I think it looks trick!
My money is burning a hole in my pants and it's a toss up betwwen F.I. or an 700r4:yes:

link:http://www.professional-products.com/EFI_1.php
i like the looks of that, don't know much about fuel injection on older engines so i can't comment on that.
i've been thinking about going turbo on my nova, i was looking into fuel injection as well. since i already know how to tune efi (kinda)

·
Registered
5,781 Posts
Looks just like a TBI setup made to look like a carburetor. You could probably buy a whole TBI engine for half the cost of that one and have similar results.:yes: IMO a good cheap EFI is TPI. $400 or so on ebay for the intake/runners/plenum/fuel injectors/rails/etc..., then buy/do: fuel lines, fuel pump, and an adjustable fuel pressure regulator then go drive! Plus you can buy high-perf runners and plenum for TPI to flow better.

I think my bro wants to sell his TPI setup for like $250 or $350? Even has 26lb injectors supposedly. PM me and I can ask if he still wants to do it. All it will need is one side of runners since he cracked a runner trying to "expand them" with the stupid ball kits.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
OE TPI is good on 350 and smaller engines. If you plan do build anything bigger then you need to step up to aftermarket TPI. Then that's where it gets expensive. You may want to look into F.A.S.T. EFi systems. Virutally a plug and play system.

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
Get the Holley/Weiland manifold and fuel rails and pull everything else from an 80s or 90s TPI car.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
F.A.S.T. sure are proud of their products....wow !

I do have a friend with a complete t.p.i system. I've priced out what it would cost to "trick out " a t.p.i system to support 475 h.p. and I'm right back to looking at a complete system.
Ultimately I would like a sequential port injection system with a mass air type throttle body.
What I liked about the Professional Products systems was the returnless fuel system.
Did anyone check out the website and look at the port system or the stage III throttle body?

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
I dont want to toss any dreams down the tube but a TBI is just an expensive carb. A real FI is port injected, mass air or speed density.

With a TBI all you are doing is squirting fuel into the top of the manifold and relying on the atomization of fuel to take place. With a port injection you are removing the manifold from the picture for the fuel, its just an air runner at that point. So the manifold can be a great design for air movement, big step up for air delivery. Without the need to figure in fuel atomization, the two concepts fight each other when talking about manifolds.

I would stick to a carb instead of TBI. JR

Oh, and I just looked at your first link, looked like a TBI unit..

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

THIS is what I'm looking at I posted the first link assuming you guys would check it out.
My main question being : heard anything good or bad about Professional Products systems? I tried to find write ups/links for tests, articles or installs.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts

THIS is what I'm looking at I posted the first link assuming you guys would check it out.
My main question being : heard anything good or bad about Professional Products systems? I tried to find write ups/links for tests, articles or installs.
OOOHhh pretty!!! looks like it would work. System is only as good as the software that controls it.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will call them Monday to get more details about their managment software.......thanks to everyone for their input

·
Registered
1,559 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I have seen alot of guys use their products, but not their fuel injection. The link you gave was for the TBI injection, you had to look under fuel injection to find the port injection. I haven't seen any fit or finish problems with their products or any failures due to poor quality.

What is the price on one of those systems?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts