Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 66 with stock front clip. Swapped an LS6 into it and wanted to know how much modification is needed to use the f body cooling system? Trying to stay on budget and not go the route of a CBR 1000 setup. Anyone who has used the f body stuff please chime in.

·
Premium Member
4,583 Posts
I have a 66 with stock front clip. Swapped an LS6 into it and wanted to know how much modification is needed to use the f body cooling system? Trying to stay on budget and not go the route of a CBR 1000 setup. Anyone who has used the f body stuff please chime in.
snolan used one on his TCI clip. He had to relieve the frame rails slightly, but no big deal. Hopefully he'll be along shortly and show you some pics. If not, it's in his build thread on the Blue sedan he built.......it is possible...

T,

·
Registered
925 Posts
I’m using an f body radiator and plan to use the fans when I swap in an LS. I would love to use the fans now but they don’t fit with a straight 6. It’s pretty easy to fit in. I’ll try to post some pics when I get home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just did this 2 weeks ago in my 66. Stock Rad and Fans out of a 99 Camaro. The radiator didn't sit low enough for me to feel comfortable with hood clearance (I don't have a hood for this car yet) so I simply notched the passenger side frame rail and lowered the whole setup about an 1 1/4". The radiator is not quite centered but I only wanted to notch one side.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just did this 2 weeks ago in my 66. Stock Rad and Fans out of a 99 Camaro. The radiator didn't sit low enough for me to feel comfortable with hood clearance (I don't have a hood for this car yet) so I simply notched the passenger side frame rail and lowered the whole setup about an 1 1/4". The radiator is not quite centered but I only wanted to notch one side.
Does it matter if the radiator and fans are out of a V8 or v-6 F-body car?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts