Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching one of the POWERBLOCK shows (HPTV) recently where MIKE touted an external jet adjustment block from PERCY'S PERFORMANCE.
I have been reading some of the threads where guys were doing multiple jet changes to get rid of a bog, to rich , to lean etc. This METERING BLOCK might be worth looking into for an easier dial in.Might make the search for performance much easier.
SUMMITT has them for the HOLLEY 2300/4150/4160/4160hp CARBS.
I am sure that there are other venues where they can be purchased.

WHAT IS YOUR OPINION OR EXPERIENCE?

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Opinion.....Was told by several Professional carb builders they were a gimmick at best.
Because of their configuration, metering isn't that accurate and the emulsion circuit (and thus fuel curve and atomization) is screwed up.

So I never bothered. Usually within a few jet changes you're REAL close so...

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
I seen the same show. They made it seem like the greatest thing since sliced bread but we all know how that goes. It does seem like a really nice item if it would just work as advertised !!!

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Right along the same lines as those fancy-dancy, super fandangled e2 plugs and Fitch fuel catalyzer they were touting made more power on their dyno....:rolleyes:

I guess I need to run down and buy me some of them so that monster of a ground strap can turn into a glow plug for me too!!!

Really, if the Percey's plates were really that good, you'd see them on a lot of the custom carbs out there because they are cheaper than some of the billet blocks out there.:yes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts