Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
Regular small block the center exhaust ports are side by side. The LS engines are spread further apart and more equally spaced on the exhaust ports. :no:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Regular small block the center exhaust ports are side by side. The LS engines are spread further apart and more equally spaced on the exhaust ports. :no:
So a lil modifaction will be inorder to spread them apart a little? Maybe some heat and a spacer till its welded back together? Thanks Jason

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
So a lil modifaction will be inorder to spread them apart a little? Maybe some heat and a spacer till its welded back together? Thanks Jason
Never tried it, but you theory might work.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Look on Ls1 tech. A guy just did this, but he used Mustang headers, as the port spacing is very close. They were long tubes, so clearance is a crap shoot....they turned out pretty nice. Look in the conversions and hybrids section.

T,
okay I'll give it a look thanks for the information.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Ranger

If you are looking for a cheap LS header option and you are willing to put in some elbow grease you should consider 4th-gen F-body Ebay headers. Stainless steel, 1-7/8" primaries, comes with hardware and they are under $200. I used a set for my 5.3L swap into my 73'. With a torch, a buddy and a 12 pack we were able to get them to fit pretty well. Check out post#57 in my build thread for details.

http://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186532&page=4

Now it looks like the fittment with the power steering gear will require some "custom" primary clearancing. Just an option to consider.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts