Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Hi my Nova sounds to much like a lawnmower I need loud deep exhaust any thoughts?
A lot of people on the site run Flowmasters wether they're 40 series or Super 44's I don't know. I have a 2.5" or 2 1/4" on my car running from the stock exhaust manifolds. I don't like the sound but I think it's just my manifolds. I'm looking at an all Hooker exhaust.

PS: Exhaust kits from 1968-1974 work with our cars, but just to be safe. Read this thread: http://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88733

·
Registered
166 Posts
I run a stainless steel 2.5" Magnaflow dual set-up with a an x-pipe. I've always run Flowmasters in the past and this time I just wanted something different. I like the sound.

Make sure that if you run duals out either side that you put in an H or X pipe, othewise you'll only hear four cylinders on your side and it'll piss you off because you'll think you have a miss. Learned that the hard way.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Cherry Bomb's

they haven't till recently a Company Called Imco Bought them and have been rejuvenating the Company Mixing there Muffler's and the Classic Glass pack So far it's been working pretty well I've been seeing them on alot of different car recently.
As far as the original Post I would go with some nice Long Tube Header's. a X-pipe and some Super 44 Flowmaster's With 2.5 or 3 inch pipe depending on the horsepower you will be turning out. also it would be a good idea to have a Muffler Shop put it on. it will look good it you do it but it will look better if you have a Shop do it.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I have Headers and 3" pipes going to Flowmaster 40 series that dump before the axles.
Here's what it sounds like

·
Registered
45 Posts
Cherry Bombs.............that is a blast from the past. Didn't know they still made them.
well i know they show them on powerblock tv alot. the only thing i dont like is that is dumps out under my seats. i want to make it a little longer so it dumps by the rear tires.

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
I run a stainless steel 2.5" Magnaflow dual set-up with a an x-pipe. I've always run Flowmasters in the past and this time I just wanted something different. I like the sound.

Make sure that if you run duals out either side that you put in an H or X pipe, othewise you'll only hear four cylinders on your side and it'll piss you off because you'll think you have a miss. Learned that the hard way.
I have the same magnaflow setup...I like it too!!bm

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
2.5" Stainless, Hedman long tube headers, H-pipe, and Corsa Black mufflers. A little pricey, but produces a wicked sound.

Probably not what you are looking for - idles very quiet (except the whine of the gear drive), but makes great sound where it counts, at WOT.

J

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
2.5" Stainless, Hedman long tube headers, H-pipe, and Corsa Black mufflers. A little pricey, but produces a wicked sound.

Probably not what you are looking for - idles very quiet (except the whine of the gear drive), but makes great sound where it counts, at WOT.

J
Perple, do you have a video of this? I'd like to hear it because im looking for another exhaust come September.

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Sorry I don't. I'm just not techno-savvy enough to upload video. I have a DVD camcorder but not the first clue as to how to upload videos from it. . . .

My exhaust guy recommended the Corsa's to me - he's a huge Mustang guy of all things and I guess Corsa is big in the Mustang world. He didn't steer me wrong, though, I'm very happy with sound of this system.

It's amazingly quiet, and the you crack the throttle and RUMMPHH, it reaches up and bites you.

Sorry, I know that's a poor substitute for video, but it's all I got. . . .

J

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hmm sounds intresting. Kinda sleeper compared to flowmaster?
I'm thinking of oval tubing (for ground clearance) to electric cutouts to flomaster 50 delta (for sleeper sound). Wire relay to mds controler box to open cutouts at 4k-6500 rpm? But that two years till completion!
Can't wait to see your 77 now! Wow that an eye catcher Jason!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts