Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if I'm in the right category. Does anyone know where to get exhaust system parts for 74 Nova with 6 cylinder engine?

·
6,269 Posts
I bought a system for my 68 with the 230 6 cylinder and couldn't be happier with what I got from Waldron Exhaust.

I went to two local shops and both wanted north of $800.00 installed AND they wanted to weld it together and custom bend it as they did not have the factory bend information like Waldron does.

I had mine dropped ship to a local parts store and spent "maybe" an hour putting the new system on ?. I already had the manifold nuts ready to be taken off and new hangers ready to go as well as clamps. I did have to modify one clamp but I was concerned with it looking original and if that is not of concern, a standard clamp could be used. The band clamp is shown in the below album.

Pictures of the old system falling off and then the work I did.

Jim

·
Registered
33 Posts
I bought a system for my 68 with the 230 6 cylinder and couldn't be happier with what I got from Waldron Exhaust.

I went to two local shops and both wanted north of $800.00 installed AND they wanted to weld it together and custom bend it as they did not have the factory bend information like Waldron does.

I had mine dropped ship to a local parts store and spent "maybe" an hour putting the new system on ?. I already had the manifold nuts ready to be taken off and new hangers ready to go as well as clamps. I did have to modify one clamp but I was concerned with it looking original and if that is not of concern, a standard clamp could be used. The band clamp is shown in the below album.

Pictures of the old system falling off and then the work I did.

Jim
Wow! Jim, after looking at your '68 Nova pictures, I don't know if you're a better car guy or photographer! Very impressive. The exhaust from Waldron's looks excellent. I really respect your decision to keep the 230ci six. Look forward to more pictures of your clean, '68.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts