Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a 3 inch header back exhaust system. I would like to get the flowmaster super 40 2 chamber mufflers to use with the pipes. Has any bought a complete system or would it be better to make my own. I want to run an H pipe and tail pipes. I prefer the H sound over the x pipe. Any ideas??? Thanks
nick

·
3,863 Posts
Get the 3" Flowmaster system for the 67-69 Camaro. It is an easy install.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Jegs and Summit now have 3" kits in addition to Pypes and Torque Tech. I run 2-1/2 straight back to Flowmaster 40 series and stop in front of the axle. I like the sound and it is definately loud, but I am in the market to upgrade to a full exhaust, possibly 3". I have talked to all of the above about their 3" kits.
Pypes and Torque Tech were very helpful. Pypes recommended 3" with an X pipe back to the mufflers and 2-1/2 out back for my combo which is a 350.

Let us know what you decide and how you make out. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
981 Posts
Hey Guys, new at this site, great posts, But anyway, Just put Flowmasters kit 2 1/2" on my 71 last weekend, had to do alot of changes, I think it would fit better on a camero, the hangers were cut off and had to be relocated, and the tail pipes were short for a nova, But i wanted to drop them off behinde the rear wheels anyway. I have Headman shorties so pipe had to be added to the collectors too, came out sweet, and sounds very loud, with the single 40, its cool!! Keep up the good posts;)

·
3,863 Posts
I put the 2 1/2" Flowmaster kit for the 67-68 Camaro in my '72 and all I had to do was trim the pipe that connected the collectors to the crossover pipe assembly. The rest just bolted in (I welded it all together). The tailpipes dumped just behind the rear tire and fit very nicely. I believe in the 69 Camaro kit the tailpipe ends further behind the rear tire almost near the bumper.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am looking for a 3 inch header back exhaust system. I would like to get the flowmaster super 40 2 chamber mufflers to use with the pipes. Has any bought a complete system or would it be better to make my own. I want to run an H pipe and tail pipes. I prefer the H sound over the x pipe. Any ideas??? Thanks
nick
super 40s are thicker bodies than the old 40s, which makes them look like their hanging down. super 40s have bigger internals though. does interior noise bother you. just curious why flows. i run an exhaust/repair shop and also do custom exhaust myself. i do a lot of different combos

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
Pypes X-pipe is pretty cheap and it is stainless. Then add a set of mufflers of your choice. Magnaflow stainless will give you a system back to your axle for cheap. Just add tail pipes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts