Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Summit Racing offers a full 2.5" dual exhaust kit that includes turbo mufflers for $221.99 (promo code brings it down $10).

Jegs offers it's own house brand exhaust kit with mufflers for $224.99 (current on sale for $202.49)

Both above systems come with turbo style mufflers. So out of the two, which system would you prefer?

Then there is the house brand straight through designs. I would presume these are "magnaflow knockoffs"

The kicker!!

Jegs is the only one that offers it's house brand system w/o mufflers for $134.99 right now.

This brings a house brand dual exhaust with magnaflow knockoffs to $215.97

So the real question is.....

House brand turbos, or house brand straight through dersign with packing...

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I only have experience with the Summit full 2.5" dual exhaust kit that includes turbo mufflers (680101) and I am very pleased with the results. The included turbo mufflers sound decent and the exhaust system fit well... with some installation exhaust hanger location modifications (see link below for details).

My guess is that the Jegs exhaust kit w/mufflers is similar to the Summit brand.
Unfortunately, I am unable to provide any guidance with regards to the differences/benefits between the turbo mufflers and the straight thru design mufflers... as I only have experience withthe turbo mufflers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts