Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody got any good ideas for exiting the exaust thru the sheet metal of the car. I was thinking of having my exaust exit thru the rocker panel just in front of the rear wheels. I found some cool oval exaust pipe, the same as used on nascar cars, that i thought would look awsume exiting the rockers. Anybody got any photos of theirs? I want to have my exaust hidded and up high enough so it is not easily visable from the back. I have moved my floor up 2" to create extra space for the exaust.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Great Idea, I would be interested in ideas and seeing some pics of this type of a setup also. I have a project build I am working on and had thoughts of doing something like this also. My idea was to have both sides exhaust out the drivers side rocker area just in front of the pas. side rear tire. I was going to weld a slanted oval lip into the body shell which would be slightly bigger than a custom made exhaust tip that would mount in the exact middle of the lip. Both sides of the exhaust would come over and flow into it. My Nova is chopped, has a shortened wheel base and is hugging the ground so running the exhaust as high up as possible is a must. I seem to have a lot of time to think about this paticular project car as there is always a couple of other projects that get started or are under way. I would like to see pics if you go this route. Take Care

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
side exit exaust

Check out this webpage

https://www.drgas.net/catalog.php?catid=3

You can fit much larger pipe due to the oval profile. I think I would get two sizes so that one could fit inside the other, on being part of the rocker and the othe the actual exaust. Sould leave enough room so the paint does not burn. It would look great exiting before the rear tire thru the rocker at an angle toward the rear.
I will post photos once mine is done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts