1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Im new to the nova game and trying to get an idea of fair prices

1. Everything firewall forward.
Running 6 cylinder/powerglide, front clip
Fenders, hood, trim, bumper, suspension etc.

2. Front bench seat & rear seat

3. Complete rear suspension and differential

4. Steering wheel/column

·
Premium Member
3,902 Posts
Did you just buy that out of Houston?
Looks like one I missed

·
Registered
413 Posts
First, welcome to the site.

Worth? Boils down to the shape it's in. Pictures that you posted, doesn't look bad. But, what shape are the floor pans under the carpet, inside the trunk, rear quarter panels, body underneath the car, around windshield, rear glass, lower front fenders, etc.

On the other hand, it's yours. Now you get to make it like you want.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm confused. I'm only asking what the parts I listed are worth? Am I misunderstanding the purpose of this part of the forum?

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
i got to ask, why are you selling all those parts ? how are you going to restore that 66 nova with all the parts gone ? just wondering where are you at if the price is right for fenders an hood.

·
Registered
632 Posts
looks to me like you're in the right forum. maybe people are misunderstanding that you are looking to get an opinion on what your front clip is worth, and what price all your other stuff is worth, because you won't be using it.
if this is correct, you can look around as these questions have been asked quite a bit, but maybe people will chime in.

also, probably some better pictures of the fenders would help, as they could have bondo/rust on them since they were clearly repainted and you'll only see when they are off (problem areas are near inner braces). condition will mean everything. i have gotten fenders that needed repairs for $15. nice ones are over $100.

front clips usually don't hold much value, and many end up scrapping them.

my straight 6 went straight to the boneyard, so no clue on value there.

i recently saw in the forum back seats are tough to find, but front bench appears less desirable. they will all need a recover, therefore probably looking at hundreds of dollars here as sale price.

maybe SouthBays, etc. will see this and give you some good advice.

one thing noticed is aggressive pricing tends to get your stuff to move. so if you want it out of your way, try that.

good luck with the car!

-Rusty

·
Registered
1963 Hardtop W.I.P.
128 Posts
The interior will be where the money is. I'd guess a couple hundred for the seat frames. And any trim you may be getting rid of. I'll have this same problem in a few months and haven't seen much interest in 6 cylinder rebuilders.

·
Registered
413 Posts
My bad. I misunderstood your post. I was replying from "buyer" view instead of seller. Larger parts (clip, engine) are not much in demand and shipping is costly.

One way is to way post for WTB (wanted to buy) and you might have something somebody is looking for. Good Luck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts