Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
Let me first off start by saying when i say "Budget built" I don't mean I am going to poorly slap my nova together with a bunch of old parts or cheap parts. I am sure if you wanted to do that you could do it for a whole lot cheaper then the parts I will have purchased. I will try my hardest to have good parts that you can purchase without having to take out a loan on the house :devil::D

Let me first off by listing what the car is so everybody knows.

This car is a 307 2 bbl with power steering and manual drums all around. It is backed by a th350 and stock highway gears. It originally was ascot blue with a matching blue interior with a bench seat.

The modifications go as followed.
15 inch slotted appliance rims (100 bucks) with all rear 255s and new front 205s (350 bucks)

Gabriel Hi-jackers I DO NOT RECOMMEND THESE SHOCKS TO ANYBODY!!! THEY HAVE BEEN NOTHING BUT A PITA AND I AM GOING TO REPLACE THEM!!!:mad:

summit 1 5/8 inch headers with 3 inch collectors (90 bucks to my door - 20 dollar for the free code i got with it) -fit great!

The headers will be backed by 2 1/2 inch H pipe running through some knock off flow masters - 370

STAY TUNED FOR EXHAUST INSTALL AND FURTHER ENGINE MODIFICATIONS!!!

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Ok I am now going to post a review of the summit headers.

1 5/8 inches with 3 inch collectors comes with all the hardware and is only 90 bucks shipped to your door (ceramic is alittle bit more) also includes 20 dollar off cupon for next purchase :devil:

The good : there definatly good for there price especially when you get the 20 dollar cupon that they include in your purchase:yes:. they come with all the hardware and you can install it all in a day. I had to remove the transmission linkage and the water temp guage on one of the heads. The dipstick was in the way too but I accidently broke it off trying to fix it. Needless to say it wasn't in the way anymore :devil::eek::D

The bad: Paint is HORRIBLE on this product. Ive never seen so much chipping in my life and it started bubbling and melting as soon as i got the car started. they will smoke for a few days natrually because of this.

Header spark plugs are a must!!! or you will melt your plug wires

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
got the exhaust hooked up friday :devil: cost me 370 out the door. That's pretty good IMO.:D

exhaust is 2 1/2 inch piping with a H pipe running through some knock off flow masters.

sounds evil:devil:

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Got to painting.

heres alittle of the before.

and a little of the after

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
more painting

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
90 percent done!

:devil::devil::devil::devil:

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
a lot has been happening with my nova in the past few weeks. first there is my 307 top end rebuild. It will be getting a new cam and some rebuilt heads off a 305 with a edel intake and holley carb. should have about 300 hp and 300+tq when i finish.
http://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125966
Engine build link^^

I have also been doing body work to it.

I stipped the bottom of both 1/4s cut the right one out to patch and fixed the left that was badly sunk in.

the left 1/4 is done and just needs a thin top coat of mud to make it good as new again:yes:

the right has been cut out and the patch panel has been placed on to see what it looks like. I have to rebuild the inner structure on the inside of the panel before it gets welded on and thats whats holding me up. I cut out all the bad stuff and made a template to go by so i should be almost done fixing that tomorrow.

Ive also been fixing my left front fender and the small rust area on my right fender. but those are on the back burner because i need to get the right 1/4 fixed before i move on to the small stuff.

I would include pics but my camera and camera phone are both broken right now. :mad: pics will come soon i promise! :D

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Nice job so far, i dig the wheels! Id trade you for my draglites if you were closer and willing, i think the slots would be retro cool with my L-88 hood.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
You need a ducky on your hood and the skull graphics :)

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
looks good. i actually have the exact same rims. they came on the car. originally, i was going to try and swap them or sell them and get a nice set of cragars, but they grew on me. i'm just going to clean them up and keep them. i'm also going with the flat black paint. i'm going to make mine a clone of the death proof car with the skull and crossed lightning bolts.

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
50 percent done with innestructure rebuild.

I might be getting some chrome ralleys since the slots don't fit :)() and since these are 200 for a set (new!) im going with them :D.

going 15x8s on the back and 15x5s or 15x6s on the fronts. don't know yet.

i get paid tomorrow so expect a engine build update next week!!!

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
50 percent done with innestructure rebuild.

I might be getting some chrome ralleys since the slots don't fit :)() and since these are 200 for a set (new!) im going with them :D.

going 15x8s on the back and 15x5s or 15x6s on the fronts. don't know yet.

If anybody has a set of Chevrolet derby caps LET ME KNOW!!! I am looking for a set!!

i get paid tomorrow so expect a engine build update next week!!!
make sure those 15x8 rear rims have atleat 5" to 5 1/2" backspacing so that they clear the outer quarter panel lip with ease.

·
Registered
426 Posts
looking good keep it up man. those slots look sick!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts