Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some motivation to finish my car this winter! Curious what sort of 1/4 and 1/8 times and speed folks think this combo can get:

1962 Chevy 2 sedan
355 solid lifter 30-30 cam 10.2:1 compression
Big tube fenderwell headers with dual 2.5 exhaust and open style mufflers
M-20 4 speed - rev limiter at 6700 so missed shifts not end of the world
3:73 posi
first year will be fairly stock suspension with subframe connectors and slapper bars
Rear tires will be 235-60-15 slicks

·
Registered
46 Posts
I need some motivation to finish my car this winter! Curious what sort of 1/4 and 1/8 times and speed folks think this combo can get:

1962 Chevy 2 sedan
355 solid lifter 30-30 cam 10.2:1 compression
Big tube fenderwell headers with dual 2.5 exhaust and open style mufflers
M-20 4 speed - rev limiter at 6700 so missed shifts not end of the world
3:73 posi
first year will be fairly stock suspension with subframe connectors and slapper bars
Rear tires will be 235-60-15 slicks
Hey Duntov, Not to derail, but I have a 63 which is a 1-3/4 tube fenderwell header 4sp car. Can I ask you how close your master cylinder brake lines are to your headers? Because my are way to close for comfort. Do you have a pic?

Thanks

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Duntov, Not to derail, but I have a 63 which is a 1-3/4 tube fenderwell header 4sp car. Can I ask you how close your master cylinder brake lines are to your headers? Because my are way to close for comfort. Do you have a pic?

Thanks
Hey there, this is the only photo I could find that shows my ghetto brake line routing. The proportioning valve for front disks is down on the frame rail. Works fine, it has never had issues with heat.

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hey there, this is the only photo I could find that shows my ghetto brake line routing. The proportioning valve for front disks is down on the frame rail. Works fine, it has never had issues with heat.
Thanks. Your header on the master cylinder side doesn't look like it bends up as much as mine. What kind are they? Mine are Hookers 1-3/4.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
I bet it has a 12.90-13.0 in it.
66II, Do you have a roll bar in your car? Tough to tell with the dark windows.
No I don’t have a roll bar. That’s one thing I won’t put in it. Don’t want to cut it up. I can mid to low 10s at my track with no issues. It’s when I break 135mph that they require a cage. It’s an ihra track instead of nhra

·
Registered
188 Posts
Gotcha. I feel the same. Don't want to install a bar in my car. When I hit the 11's my track they told me if I go below 11.5 I can't run anymore without the required safety equipment. I was hoping maybe they changed the rules and I didn't know about it.:no:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts