Discussion Starter #1
Esteban mejia - 63 nova hardtop

Year: 1963

Model: 2 door hardtop

Engine: 383 stroker

Body/Exterior: torch red paint, red interior

Front End: stock

Transmission: th350 tci 2400 breakaway stall converter/tci shift kit

Rear End: 67 camaro 10 bolt 8.2 3:08 open, (for now) switching to a 65 nova 10 bolt with limited slip 3:36 ratio.

Exhaust: sanderson shortys, x pipe,spintech mufflers

Wheels/Tires: 195/65/15r rallys gun metal grey ( saving for some budniks or schotts wheels (18f 19r) or (17f 18r)

Interior: stock interior buckets seats, half wrap steering wheel, lokar pedals/shifter

Electrical: stock, with autogauge gauges

Accessories/Options:

Sound system: 4"polk audio speakers in front, 6x9 jbls from the 80's lol sound really good, and a hertz engery 12" sub and kenwood 1000w amp

Additional Comments: This has been my on going project for the last 2 years, originally started with a 63 4 door, that i kept untill a few months after graduating high school, saved money found this nova as a rolling shell, was able to sell my 4 door nova, on a tuesday and picked this beauty up the following sunday, all i had was a straight body and paint. no engine or trans/brakes/interior/healiner, nothing really, so after 2 years this is where i am, but still have lots of work to do to it, anyways just wanted to share my nova since 2 years have now gone by. I need to find a few pictures of it the night i got it home,next to come

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
NICE RIDE BRO! IT'S GOT A SUPER KLEAN LOOK ABOUT IT! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NICE RIDE BRO! IT'S GOT A SUPER KLEAN LOOK ABOUT IT! :thumbsup:
Thanks!!! yeah I really tried to make it look clean and organized, I just wanted to be able to know where everything was at in my engine bay if I had to work on it, and not have to guess or chase wires, or worry about frying a few!!

looks real pretty, nice color, two years well spent
Thank you! 2 years actually almost 3 now that I think about it!!
Definatly not something I expected to do right out of high school, but I'm glad I did, I for sure learned from this project and building that 383 in my garage was even a bigger eye opener for me!

·
Registered
5,681 Posts
Alot of time and effort has been put on those wheels :yes:

Congrats with the end result :thumbsup:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alot of time and effort has been put on those wheels :yes:

Congrats with the end result :thumbsup:
Thanks!! speaking of wheels Hahahaha oooh those wheels:rolleyes: .. Those wheels were soo ugly and rusty looking, they came with the car when I bought it, oh and 4 flat bald tires I really didn't want them and still would want some bigger wheels, but wheels are really pricey or atleast the ones I want lol,so i just had to make the best of what I had. I sanded those for days to get them smooth again and found some metallic grafite wheel paint at oreillys and a acouple of coats and 2 clears, later, it's actually not that bad, I always get complements on the wheels, left and right, everyone asks where I bought them, or what company makes them lol

·
Premium Member
1,734 Posts
Nova

Spent some time back in the summer of 1967 in the Santa Rosa area, 5 of us Canadians spent a week down there before we headed off to San Francisco . We stayed with an aqaintance of my cousins, her name was ROBBIE, her dad hauled cars and had what I would call a wreckers yard where they lived.. she drove a 1957 Red Nomad wagon( she wanted $700.00 for it).. if I remember correctly, DOUG THORLEY HEADERS had a manufacturing shop near by...
We drove the SIMCA from Canada, and a few girls from Chicago, also staying there( the house was very crowded for a few days) drove the 63Fairlane.. I remember driving with them up to the Monteray Pop Festival to pick up their friend BOB... it was the summer of LOVE !!!
AWESOME looking Nova, but dump the Corvette emblems...and good luck with your beautiful car...
My friend TONY with the '57, me with the Simca...

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Spent some time back in the summer of 1967 in the Santa Rosa area, 5 of us Canadians spent a week down there before we headed off to San Francisco . We stayed with an aqaintance of my cousins, her name was ROBBIE, her dad hauled cars and had what I would call a wreckers yard where they lived.. she drove a 1957 Red Nomad wagon( she wanted $700.00 for it).. if I remember correctly, DOUG THORLEY HEADERS had a manufacturing shop near by...
We drove the SIMCA from Canada, and a few girls from Chicago, also staying there( the house was very crowded for a few days) drove the 63Fairlane.. I remember driving with them up to the Monteray Pop Festival to pick up their friend BOB... it was the summer of LOVE !!!
AWESOME looking Nova, but dump the Corvette emblems...and good luck with your beautiful car...
My friend TONY with the '57, me with the Simca...
Wow cool story !!! I mean I wish I understood more about that time period considering I was born in 91' haha , but yeah I actually like the flags:cool: I was trying to look for some flags but Im just over the old original flags from the 60's and considering I'm still going to modify the look of my nova in the future like lower stance, finish the window tinting, buying some bigger wheels, 18? 19? And a mini tub and new front clip, I feel like the flags will work,... For me that is :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts