Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Equus 5568 timing light and I'm not sure how to use the full advance feature. I think you program the display to whatever full advance you wish; say, 35* and then move the distributor until it reads zero on the display and lock the dist down. That then sets your mechanical advance to 35* at full advance. Is this correct? Thanks, Jack

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Perhaps this will help regarding use of your specific light:

Thanks for the reply Tony. I exhausted the You Tube videos yesterday and they were no help but thanks for looking. I went out today and FARTED around with the dang thing and how I thought it worked is indeed the way it operates. This model is actually very COOL. You can check where your total advance is currently set and calculate any setting you want. It is very easy and all on the display. You simply program the display to any total advance number you want (Like 36*) and move your distributor until the timing light advance function on the display reads zero. Lock the distributor down and your total advance is set. I was surprised that no one seems to use this timing light. Thanks again, Jack

1 - 3 of 3 Posts