Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BeCool is going to patch my radiator. I"m wondering what everyone else's experience is with epoxy patched aluminum radiators? :turn:

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Why are they patching it? why not replacment? they charge an arm and a leg anyways, one rads not going to shut them down plus there rep is on the line with a patch. should still work but still i bought a griffen because it was half the price as a becool.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
The circle track folks sell it as a TEMPORARY fix only. They say it will get you through the night of racing but don't recommend it for any long term/permanent repairs.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Why use epoxy? I accidently pinched a small hole in my BeCool radiator and I found a radiator repair shop that fixed it for me.

Call around and ask. They ended up welding the small hole shut, pressure tested it, and I haven't had any problems at all. Ended up costing $10 :yes:

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
If it's an adhesive designed for the right temperature range and aluminum it will probably outlast the radiator. Some of the autobody adhesives in use today for aluminum, steel, and composites are amazing and I wouldn't hesitate to use these even considering a radiator rarely would exceed 240 degrees.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts