Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am putting a TCI front clip in my 66 and I believe this centers the engine and trans? 4spd. How does this effect shifter and trans in tunnel and console? Also what are most of you doing about clutch linkage wit aftermarket clip ?Thanks

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Am I the first person to install TCI clip in a 66? I know this is my first post guys but been lurking forever and decided to post this question in hopes of maybe getting a response ? Usaly this sit seems to be inviting and helpful !
?

·
Registered
87 Posts
I can say that it does center the engine/trans. I went with a different setup so I can't say how the stock trans location would move or not. Just wanted to let you know were are here and this site is pretty awesome!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Killerrudy thanks for taking the time to reply was hoping for a little more feed back from the group ! But hey it is what it is

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Most of the aftermarket front clips that I’m aware of do not make provisions for the manual clutch linkage assembly. I have had a couple of TCI clips and neither clip had any bracketry for a bell crank. If you plan to run the manual clutch linkage assembly you’ll be fabriting your own mount and modifying bell crank hardware. Alternatively, you can switch to a hydraulic clutch system.

I’m going to be running a V8 F body T5 in my next car and the clutch will be actuated hydraulically with OEM F body hydraulic master cylinder a components.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts