Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the old engine won't shut of gremlin struck today.
Installed my new tach.....started it up, seemed it was running rough.
Went to shut ingnition off, alt light stayed on and engine wouldn't shut off.
Check all connections on tach (even hooked old one up to be sure).....but can't seem to run this one down.
I know there's been this issue here before but couldn't find anything in the archives........so help needed.
AG

·
Premium Member
14,614 Posts
Could your Hyfire setup have the same feedback issues that MSD boxes do with the alt light?

On MSD setups this is usually fixed with a diode spliced into the alt light circuit from your alternator 2-wire pigtail.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NovatoriusRex said:
Could your Hyfire setup have the same feedback issues that MSD boxes do with the alt light?

On MSD setups this is usually fixed with a diode spliced into the alt light circuit from your alternator 2-wire pigtail.
Rex.......well, it just all of a sudden happened.
I was thinking maybe the Mallory box was acting up but don't have any history with it.........I guess if all fails I could install a new box.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NovatoriusRex said:
Did the new tach wire that much differently than the old one? What could have changed when hooking up the new one to cause this behavior now?
Culprit found...........I have an electric choke and the positive wire fell off and was grounding on the intake.
Hooked it back up.........and I'm off to the races :D
Man, this stuff can be aggravating.
Thanks for taking time to respond.
AG

1 - 6 of 6 Posts