Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever purchased parts from PowerHouse? I came across their ad in Chevy High Performance mag. They sell a 383 stroker kit that comes with a new crank, flat top stroker pistons, pro street style rings, new CR1 5.7 rods, main and rod bearings, and a full gasket set. $489. Add balancing, new balancer,new flexplate for $199 more. Just wondering about the quality of these parts. There web adress is enginekits.com All opinions appreciated.

·
Registered
879 Posts
jlowery78 said:
Anyone ever purchased parts from PowerHouse? I came across their ad in Chevy High Performance mag. They sell a 383 stroker kit that comes with a new crank, flat top stroker pistons, pro street style rings, new CR1 5.7 rods, main and rod bearings, and a full gasket set. $489. Add balancing, new balancer,new flexplate for $199 more. Just wondering about the quality of these parts. There web adress is enginekits.com All opinions appreciated.
I am not so sure on this deal....although that is a killer price (does it include a core charge?) I am building a 355 prepped for some serious power...and the $489 didnt even cover the crank shaft....you do get what you pay for...and I am not knocking the vendor...not at all....but rest assured that the 383 you are interested in wont be a big power machine with hi quality components....

Horsepower = money...the more money you have the more horsepower/torque you get....I know some people will fork out a few grand to get a marginal increase in power......

-John (let us know how it works out if you go with this deal!)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just remember. You get what you pay for. If you will drive to work and to church only, I'd say thats a great kit. If you plan to flog that motor once in a while or go to the track. I'd say plan on getting a new kit every year or two. My way of thinking is, It's better to have more than you need then need more than you have.

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
Just about any of the aftermarket cranks are made of better material than stock cast stuff and I made a lot of low 10-high 9 sec passes with a stock cast 400 crank. It saw 8000+ way too many times, and it still has never been turned-standard/standard bearing sizes on a 35 year old crank! Well, it needs to be machined now but.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts