Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried one of PAW's engine kits with forged pistons? I was wondering about there quality and reliability. They seem like they are reasonabily priced. A Deluxe Master Rebuild kit with forge pistons are $419 and the Super Stock Master Kit Has everything you need to rebuild a short block for $657. If anyone has used these kits please let me know. Thanks Roy:chev:

·
Premium Member
5,493 Posts
PAW Kits

Hi Roy,
I have been using PAW on and off (I was not playing with cars for many years)since they opened in 1977 or so. They sell the same brands as everyone else and yes their pricing on their rotataing assembly kits is pretty good. I bought my current 383 stroker kit from them and also had them do my machining work. They only do maching if you buy their kits and of course if you are local to them. I have been very happy with their service. My machine work was very good.....I measured everything, and it was all right on the money. Every hole on the block was tapped, the block was painted really good (may sound dumb, but I'm picky) even the freeze plugs were installed with the lettering facing all the same direction. Maybe I was just lucky, but whoever did my machining really seemed to take pride in their work.
Ron

1 - 3 of 3 Posts