Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what some of you guys are running for small blocks. I was planning on putting a 454 in my 64 but its proving to be pretty expensive and I am running out of time to get it done. A small block would be great (cause it would go right in and all the parts I have now will bolt up) but im lookin for some decent power and hoping to do it for around 2k so I just thought I would see what you guys recomended for a small block. Thanks :cool:
oh yeah im lookin to take out a few slightly moded ls1's in town

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
yeah that TPI would be awesome...i think my dad picked up a motor with TPI, wiring harness, 700r4 tranny, the comp. for the TPI, everything for like 1800 bucks....that may be the best way to go......he likes it so much, i think now he has 3 extra tPI setups for other motors laying around the house....if i were going to put one on the road quickly, i would go that way....good gas mileage, and dependable...

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
4door64 said:
Just wondering what some of you guys are running for small blocks. I was planning on putting a 454 in my 64 but its proving to be pretty expensive and I am running out of time to get it done. A small block would be great (cause it would go right in and all the parts I have now will bolt up) but im lookin for some decent power and hoping to do it for around 2k so I just thought I would see what you guys recomended for a small block. Thanks :cool:
oh yeah im lookin to take out a few slightly moded ls1's in town
Can't go wrong with a good 350.They can be built wth upwards of 450hp.You could also stroke the 350.They make complete kits for around $1200(I think)bm

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A TPI would be nice but idunno if I could find one so more then likely its going toward a 383 but after I pay to get the kit for a 383 I wouldent have much money for a good set of heads so would bigger valves and a 3 angle valve job do good for 450hp on the stock cast iron heads with the right cam that is but how big of a cam would I be looking at running for thoes kind of #'s?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts