Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I'm pokin around under my hood on the new to me 66 Wagon with a 327. I wanted to get a good idea of what else everyone's setups were like. Post pictures of your engine bay, maybe some before and afters? Can't wait to see all the great ideas you guys have come up with over the years.

Here's what I'm starting with.
Hood Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
other than cleaning up a few wires and just general cleaning, that looks pretty good for a stock front clip and SBC

anything else isn't really just engine bay, cleaner/roomier engine bays are getting into whole new front clip and suspension etc

go ahead, peak down that rabbit hole, be careful you don't fall in, its a long way to the bottom

·
Registered
1967 Nova SS
1,940 Posts
other than cleaning up a few wires and just general cleaning, that looks pretty good for a stock front clip and SBC

anything else isn't really just engine bay, cleaner/roomier engine bays are getting into whole new front clip and suspension etc

go ahead, peak down that rabbit hole, be careful you don't fall in, its a long way to the bottom
From your picture you have a good "base" to start with.

Agree with doers, you can do a lot with grouping your wires together, route them in clean manner and putting some weave wire loom on them. Cleaning and painting also goes a long way.

It will look better but not run or drive any different.

If you decide to do front clip or suspension upgrades, whole lot more you can do with engine bay and it will drive better.

·
Registered
760 Posts
One of the few good photos I have of the engine bay. Nothing super special, just try to keep things simple and tidy.

The note on the fan shroud is always good for a laugh when it's parked with the hood off.
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Thank you for the advice. I'm a huge believer in KISS (keep it simple stupid). I just wanted a really good idea on how people are routing things, not too much more until it's ready to get on the road.

Forgot to also say, Use the "Search Community" box at top of forum. There are several threads and pictures on Engine Bay.
Thank you! I used the search function before making the thread but I didn't find anything right away, I should of kept looking 😅. Anyway we can get a sticky thread for a thread like this at the top of the page? Doesn't have to be this one.

Great photos everyone, keep them coming. Getting some good ideas already!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
All somewhat temporary so I just made it clean and simple. About to add some more wires though when I put on my Edelbrock Pro-Flo 4 f.i. and AFR heads. Hoping to do a Wilwood master cylinder soon too.
View attachment 442591
I have similar headers. I'm havin a heck of the time with the plug wire routing. What kind of wires are you using?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Man, I have missed this Forum.

Sweet baby Jesus…that’ll get you where you’re going pretty quick! I wish we were able to enjoy the ability to acquire speed parts and restoration parts as easily as our US brothers and sisters, and especially without the shipping, duty and exchange rate we have to endure. It would be a game changer for us North of the border to have a Jegs, Summit, etc, within reasonable driving distance and have the same parts and services available face to face and tangible. Maybe one day…

·
Registered
1967 Nova SS
1,940 Posts
Thank you! I used the search function before making the thread but I didn't find anything right away, I should of kept looking 😅.

Try this link.

·
Premium Member
62' Sedan Tempe, AZ
1,882 Posts
I have similar headers. I'm havin a heck of the time with the plug wire routing. What kind of wires are you using?
I'm currently using black, under the header Livewires cables from Davis Unified Ignition along with their HEI Crossfire distributor cap that really cleans up the routing. On the block, under the headers there's a little threaded hole that I attached a clamp to that the wires run through. Can't see it from above but it keeps them neat and where they're not hanging everywhere.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts