Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally made the decision to toss my original 350 engine badges. The emblem holes have been welded up, and I'll be picking LS2 badges to match my current engine.

With today's stick-on badges, we now get the choice of exactly where we want to put things without poking holes in the metal. I've decided to move my engine badges onto my 2-inch cowl hood.

What I'm looking for is opinions - and preferably pictures - of exactly where people have placed their engine badges *specifically* on a cowl hood. Obviously, it gets centered top to bottom, but where to put it right to left? Centered or near the windshield seem to be the most obvious choices.

Here's a link to my first choice emblem. Sorry I couldn't get a direct photo link of it...

https://www.amazon.com/Nameplate-Polished-Performance-Chevrolet-Trailblazer/dp/B0063IYS0Q

Let me know where you think it should be placed on the cowl - and please post some pics.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Personally if I were to put the engine badging on the cowl I think I'd go with decals so they would lay flat. Either way post up what you go with. I'm sure someone here has done what you have suggested

·
Registered
1970 Nova SS 350 Brandon, MS
529 Posts
I would use the same location as the “302” badges on the 69 Z28 cowl hood.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would use the same location as the “302” badges on the 69 Z28 cowl hood.
That sounds like a good idea. However, I've gone through dozens of 69 Z28 photos and none of them have a close-up of the cowl hood. My best guess is that the emblem is about 6 inches forward of the back of the cowl.

Still looking for good photos, or measurements.

·
Registered
1970 Nova SS 350 Brandon, MS
529 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
rquad, unless you are building a concours perfect car, I wouldn't worry about trying to find the 'exact' location on factory emblems, you aren't using original style emblems. IMO, place the emblems centered top to bottom on the cowl hump at a reasonable distance(your 6" estimate sounds good) from the trailing edge.

Mike

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 - 11 of 11 Posts