Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all just to let you'll know that i will be putting in the engine on my 69' so can someone wich me luck!! it's my first engine that ill will be putting solo

·
Registered
135 Posts
GOOD LUCK MAN! Do you have a leveler for your cherry picker?

This thing has made 4 engine removals and re installs a breeze!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i went to a retal place and took a jack man i hopoe that will work

·
Registered
279 Posts
Buena suerte con el projecto...no se te olvide...fotos plis..:yes:
(Good luck with your project..don't forget...pics..please)
later...:D

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
Take your time...Did you rebuild the engine??...If so....check breakin proceedures.........Good luck.......

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Done!!

the engine and trany they are in place so in a couple of week i will be starting it im still missing some parts (ran out of mula) but im working on it in a couple of day i will post the pics thanks for all the suport and wishes
Thanks!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Installed engine in my 74 nova motors a 77 gmc dont no how to wire up to start???????

i have a 74 nova and i just bout a 77 gmc pick up truck motor and tranny the motor has a hei distributer and all i want to do is hook up the motor to run dont care aout the othere stuff right now. how do i do that i no u have to hook up the start,distributer,coil and battery what do i do

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
I love the sound and smell of a new engine!

Al

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
the engine and trany they are in place so in a couple of week i will be starting it im still missing some parts (ran out of mula) but im working on it in a couple of day i will post the pics thanks for all the suport and wishes
Thanks!!!
That will give you time to go over everything..Make sure everything's secure..nut's/bolts all tightend to specs..check tranny/mounts. When starting for the first time, have water for your rad and extra fans running to keeper cool...always good to have someone with you to help watch over things..run your engine for 20-30 minutes at 2000-2200 rpm..If you have to shut it down for any reason. Resume breakin the same way...Don't think cause you shut it down after ten minutes you can finish breakin for 10 more minutes...You have to run your engine for 20-30 min. continuous. I let mine run for 30....comprende.??.

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
i have a 74 nova and i just bout a 77 gmc pick up truck motor and tranny the motor has a hei distributer and all i want to do is hook up the motor to run dont care aout the othere stuff right now. how do i do that i no u have to hook up the start,distributer,coil and battery what do i do
Start reading..Ask questions that are simple to understand..There are many things that must be done..You just don't buy an engine, trans, bolt it in and your on your way..Clean your engine bay. wiring, radiator..battery..and whatever else will be in the way..I completely striped and painted my bay first, like most of us..Much easier to work in a clean area..Have all your tools on-hand..I hated running back and forth to my shop, since I dropped my engine and trany in my driveway..Think and plan....good luck..

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
all the bay is cleand up man,just a little bit dusty i mod the trany mount it came out real good all i need is radiator,dist, battery and oils,cables,spark plugs and hoses in a month is all done!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts