Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
5,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may have an empty trailer going from SW Wis. to Oklahoma.
If you need something to go that way, PM me. SOON.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Did you find an original, rust free Oklahoma Nova SS stashed in a barn and buy it for almost nothing from an elderly widow? :) I think there are very few of those stories left anymore.

I was scanning the classifieds and Auto Trader while in Tulsa last month, but didn't find much.

·
Registered
34 Posts
JTW said:
Did you find an original, rust free Oklahoma Nova SS stashed in a barn and buy it for almost nothing from an elderly widow? :) I think there are very few of those stories left anymore.

I was scanning the classifieds and Auto Trader while in Tulsa last month, but didn't find much.
I found mine a few months ago from an elderly lady that received the car as a wedding gift. She could no longer drive so she sold it for $1800! It has 30,000 original miles and the only damage was some surface rust on the pass door from when she scraped it slightly on her garage door and didn't repair it. I plan to hold onto it until I can't drive anymore.

·
5,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JTW said:

No, it's the widow's grand daughter. Her grandfather bought it new from his friend Don back in Pennsylvania who had a dealership in the 60's and 70's.
She said her grandfather didn't feel much like driving it after his dealership friend died in a plane crash. She doesn't have the internet so I don't have pictures. I'm just taking a chance it's something I like and it's in decent shape.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Sounds like a reasonable risk for what could be a clean old car. A Nova I assume? What year? When I was still living in Dubuque we drove to Tulsa 2-3 times each year and brought cars back several times. Not sure where in OK you're going, but DBQ to Tulsa in only about 10 hours so it's a pretty easy drive. Good luck, I hope to see some pics of your new ride soon.

·
5,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Went to Norman to get a Cutlass.
With the two hour delay going thru backroads and small towns because I-80 was closed near DesMoines for a bad wreck it took just under 13 1/2 hours.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts