Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a Wilwood rear disk brake upgrade kit for my 63. I was told that the kit that bolts up to the stock 8.2 10 bolt rear end does not come with an emergency brake option. When I questioned this, the salesperson stated that is pretty common when using an automatic transmission and that lots of folks go this route. I just never considered not having an emergency brake. What do you guys think? Anyone else not running an emergency brake?

·
4,503 Posts
What ever! You don't throw it in park! You put it in reverse and gun the throttle! That's how you stop. :D

Yes you want an e-brake

Miles

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My thoughts exactly. Cancelled that order right away. I was researching the Wilwood site. The rear brake kits (with internal e-brakes) have the correct offset but state they are for 12 bolt applications. Given the correct offset, I expect these should work with a 10 bolt.

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
Well I gotta admit... I eleminated my ebrake a long time ago. Never used it. I don't think I have ever used an ebrake on any of my new vehicles either :eek:

I know, I know....
Tom

·
Super Moderator
31,194 Posts
How many of you set the E-Brake every time you get out of the car?
I don't. :D :devil:
Every time I park I do, the salt will cease the cables, so using them helps to prevent that. I also tow a car trailer and use the parking brake to keep the tranny from being loaded when on an incline.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts