1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,820 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
Greg_R_63 said:
Looks good. Does the 67 e-brake handle have an 'L' shape like the 63? Did you have to cut it to fit the tri-5 handle?
my 67 had a black plastic t.I took that one off and slid this one right on.It has an allen set screw.Not sure what stock looks like on a 67?bm

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
Greg,
mine has just the straight shaft.That kinda looks like someone made that,not 100% positive though.I'm sure someone else will chime in.bm

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
a 55's e brake is very similar to the Chevy II's. i dunno if sizes are exact, but i'd think a 55-6-7 handle would fit a Chevy II.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Here is the whole assembly from a 63 that I refinished. The handle can be picked up for about 8 bucks. It looks like someone put a bolt in place of the roll pin. The original handle goes on the outside of the metal tube, and is held on with a roll pin.

·
6,408 Posts
Anyone think that this might work? I love the look and I'll bet that it fits. Need to find a VW bus to test it out before I dump the $$$$.

VW Bus Handle

Nice looking handle.

Not sure what the shaft diameter is but providing there's enough meat on the handle to enlarge the hole if needed would be a consideration. The pin holes are orientated wrong but it could be re-drilled at the correct angle and the original hole left or plugged. Or option two would be to use the handle pin hole as is and drill the shaft to match. One problem though is the location of the original shaft hole and the potential new hole. You don't want to have the two too close and weaken the shaft. If this is the case you may want to shorten the shaft a little to separate the two holes.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I bought mine from Ebay, it says it fits Early Mustang's. I had to bore a tiny bit out of the diameter to make it fit.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts